Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

photographer you know, or don't know?

I don't know what to do! 

A guy I work with does photography on the side, he's been doing it about 20 years, he has the experience, knows what he is doing, I like his work.

Met with a photography & DJ place yesterday, I like their work. If I book them together, the photography still comes out to be a couple hundres dollars more than my co-worker. 

I think there are pros and cons with both.. what would you do? Any suggestions?

Re: photographer you know, or don't know?

• edited February 2014
    I don't care for the multi-vedor format. But if you like their work then go for it. Pick the one that you think will do the best job. Do either include a second shooter? Do you get the same things in the packages? How long is coverage? All things to consider when choosing :) GL!

What are the cons??
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I don't know what to do! 

A guy I work with does photography on the side, he's been doing it about 20 years, he has the experience, knows what he is doing, I like his work.

Met with a photography & DJ place yesterday, I like their work. If I book them together, the photography still comes out to be a couple hundres dollars more than my co-worker. 

I think there are pros and cons with both.. what would you do? Any suggestions?

I would never mix business with pleasure.  Too much can go wrong.

Also, is your coworker someone you would have normally invited to the wedding?  If so, he should enjoy the wedding as a guest and not be working it.  If not, even more reason to hire someone else.

I am also not a fan of one-stop shopping or part of a chain for vendors.  I'd look for someone that is independent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards