African American Weddings

Update: The Dude, A New House, A Wedding

island07b2bisland07b2b member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited February 2014 in African American Weddings

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update on what’s been going on with The Dude and me for those of you who know my story. 

The Dude:

My sweetheart is still undergoing chemo.  He is tired and sick on some days but he keeps pressing on.  He is working and traveling as usual for his job.  You would never know what he has been going through.  That's my trooper man!  I try to slow him down but the docs say if he feels well enough to do those things then let him.  He is doing fine. 

On 2/7 he went in for a treatment.  At the end of his session he went to get his test results which he gets with each treatment.  When he walked into his room he saw ALL of his doctors and turned to walk out telling them he didn't want to hear what they had to say.  One doctor said, “Even if your levels have dropped to a 1 and you are knocking on the door to remission?”  The Dude almost passed out from sheer joy!  We are so, so happy.  It's been a minute between his first surgery, radiation, and now chemo but praise God for the victory over this devil named cancer.  We are almost there.  I am praying for complete victory by the spring.   Woohoo!!

A New House:

Last year in March we decided to buy land and build our dream house.  We started looking in March but stopped to deal with the cancer.  Once we knew the program for treatment we started looking again in August deciding that cancer wasn’t going to dictate our lives.  Let me tell you finding land to build is a beast of a project!   Either the lot is too hilly, too woody, and too expensive, too far out, has restrictions, or is too small.  But, we found the perfect lot and are now working on contract details with the seller before we sign.   We have a home builder that we love and they have given us a draft design.  It’s going to be a minute before they can break ground and begin the work but we are very excited about this new house. 

A Wedding:

We decided to have a tented wedding celebration in the backyard.  The lot we are buying is beautiful and it is several acres so there will be plenty of room.   It’s going to be a tented event and beautiful.     We have a date in mind but want to wait until we get past the land purchase and the house has started before making the official announcement.  It will be a summer 2015 wedding for sure.   I’ve been on this board for a long time with several wedding dates.  This is it!  I love you all but I have got to get off of this board before the next millennium.  Sheesh. 

Please say a prayer for us on all of the above.  We appreciate it truly.  Prayer is powerful and it works.

P.S.  A few pics of tented wedding designs I like.  Oh yes, it is going to be serious.  LOL!

imageimage  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: Update: The Dude, A New House, A Wedding

• YES!!! I LOVE GREAT NEWS! I wanna get up and fistpump. This is a LOOOOONG time coming! Seriously, I cannot put into words how happy I am for you guys. truly overjoyed. You've been in the trenches together and came back out winning, hand in hand!!! Congrats to you and dude for getting through this happy, healthy, and stronger than ever! Blessed!!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Great news so happy for you and the dude :) If you need some construction advice feel free to contact me So happy for you both
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll be praying for a complete recovery for The Dude!  I can feel your excitement about his turnaround while reading your post. 

And OMGoodness, the second pic of the tented wedding is GAW-JUS!!   I love it.  Good luck on getting the land and new house built.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prayers sent! Love the tents.
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies!

@footballwife - This indeed has been a LONGGG time!  Gurl I can't even begin to tell ya.

@divav - Thanks for the offer.  You may be hearing from me soon. 

@NilDap - I am very excited about The Dude's progress.  He is so much happier and you can tell that it was a heavy weight on him that has been lifted.

@LaVaH - I've always loved the notion of an outdoor wedding and the tent idea just emerged. I am looking forward to setting up the tent just the way I want it for my wedding celebration.

• Im so happy I peeked back on to see this amazing news. Praise God!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • yay!!!! I am so excited and happy.. I remember when you had to post pone because it came back. but that is awesome and exciting!!!! congrats on the lot and land.. the tented wedding is going to be amazing!! I am so happy for the dude!!! congrats love 

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • *snoopy dance* 
    i am crashing the wedding btw i just wont eat i will bring my own snacks lol 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im soo happy to hear such great news.... God bless the Dude and congrats on the land for the house i am sure that can be super exciting and HONEY that tented wedding pic is gorgeous lol that would be sooo beautiful... But i feel you ive been on here with all my dang dates its about time to be out LOL... Congrats again honey!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• @footballwife77 come on girlie... we can be in the Amen corner together lol 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You all are amazingly wonderful for all of your thoughts and support.  There will be room enough in the tent for all of you.  :-)

• awww 'lette! there aren't any words.  I'm so happy he's doing well and feeling better.  that would not have been possible without the love of GUUT woman by his side.  somebody turn to your neighbor and say GUUT woman!  Man there are no two people who are more deserving, I wish ya'll every happiness.   Chile those pictures?  I am scared to deff o' you!!  werk bridey!
  • Yes lord! Praying and Praising!!! This is awesome news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • @sultry - You are priceless!!  Thank you.  

@MissusD1116 - It was the most awesome news!  

• This is awesome news! I am so happy to hear that Dude is getting better! I will definitely be praying for you both! He is so blessed to have a woman like you by his side supporting him through his ups and downs. You are definitely a true woman of God created just for him! The wedding is going to beautiful! Girl a lot of us have been here for a while with several wedding dates but its all in God's plan!

Good luck to you and Dude!
  • @Louisiana - Yes you said it right.  All in God's plan.  Thank you.  :-)

• @island07b2b girl im over here doing my church lady praise dance for you and the dude. Girl praise God. How wonderful is that, that he is getting better. I'm happy I peeked in and seen this . Gurl that tent wedding is going to be all that ! So happy things are looking up for you guys. Will be keeping you guys in my prayers.
  • MrsBad13 said:
    @island07b2b girl im over here doing my church lady praise dance for you and the dude. Girl praise God. How wonderful is that, that he is getting better. I'm happy I peeked in and seen this . Gurl that tent wedding is going to be all that ! So happy things are looking up for you guys. Will be keeping you guys in my prayers.
    The two of us can't stop smiling.  Thank you for your continued prayers.  

• Wonderful news!! Just made me so appreciative of the little things that I see as frustrating, upsetting, and confusing are truly gifts and blessings! God bless you both of you!  We will be praying for you and your family!
  • Wonderful news!! Just made me so appreciative of the little things that I see as frustrating, upsetting, and confusing are truly gifts and blessings! God bless you both of you!  We will be praying for you and your family!
    I can't tell you the amount of reflection The Dude and I have been through.  Going through something like this puts things into perspective quickly.  You realize your mortality and then realize that God is in control and you are thankful for His gift of immortality.   Life is so, so precious and the time we have here on earth is fleeting indeed.  The Dude and I are thankful for each and every day we have had and we thank God for the promise of each day and tomorrow each morning when we awake.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards