Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wording for thank you card for extremely generous gift?

I have been walking around with a blank thank you card for a week because I am basically overwhelmed with how generous a close friend of the family has been. They are giving us a honeymoon as a wedding gift (a few months early) and I was hoping someone here had an idea for where I could start with the wording for the thank you. It's such a huge gift! Obviously I will talk about what we will do on the trip and so on, but any idea for expressions of thanks other than just "thank you"?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Best Answer

Re: Wording for thank you card for extremely generous gift?

• @AprilH81 nailed it.  And I would definitely send a postcard from the destination, that would be very sweet.  Make sure to take their address with you so you can mail it while you're there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, that is incredibly generous. Ditto PP, but I also think you should pick them up a nice gift while you are there. Wine if the area is known for it, or some piece of artwork. Something that is unique to the destination and you think they would enjoy.
  • After the honeymoon you may want to consider putting together a small photo book of all the cool sights and giving it to them as a gift!
  • antotosarahuflgrumbledoreafaber24 Thanks, those are all great ideas I hadn't thought of but will definitely do!

AprilH81 That is perfect for me to start with, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • antoto said:
    After the honeymoon you may want to consider putting together a small photo book of all the cool sights and giving it to them as a gift!
    That sounds sweet, but I wouldn't want a photo book of someone else's vacation, even if I paid for it.
    sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel
  • antoto said:
    After the honeymoon you may want to consider putting together a small photo book of all the cool sights and giving it to them as a gift!
    That sounds sweet, but I wouldn't want a photo book of someone else's vacation, even if I paid for it.
    That is my thought as well.  Maybe two or three pictures emailed after the fact or included in another thank you card, but I wouldn't do a full book.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • AprilH81 said:
    antoto said:
    That is my thought as well.  Maybe two or three pictures emailed after the fact or included in another thank you card, but I wouldn't do a full book.
    Yeah, that's true.  I was thinking one of those really small 10 page ones - I mean if you love someone so much that you are paying thousands for their honeymoon then maybe you WOULD want to have an album?  I don't really know.  OP can decide if that's what they would like or not.

Maybe just an online album that you email to them would be better.
  • Start with

"I have been walking around with a blank thank you card for a week because I am basically overwhelmed with how generous you have been."

Nothing is as effective as honest self-disclosure.

This is actually something I would do.  I like it.  Color me shocked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So happy you posted this question! My boss is gifting us our honeymoon and the words aren't even there on how thankful we are. These ladies have given some great advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards