June 2014 Weddings
Options

Photobooths

Hi Ladies!

I managed to negotiate with a local vendor for a standard package down to a great price (i think!), but FI thinks we can do it on our own cheaper.  On top of that, he has enlisted the help of FBIL to help, which i hate giving any additional responsibility to because he's a busy guy.

I know that the backdrop and props will be easy, and we have a decent camera, but I'm more concerned about making prints on little strips (need them to be traditional strips because my favors will be the frames) and how to do this on the spot, and with multiples, etc.  I saw the printers online (for like $600, which is what i could pay a vendor for the whole deal!).  There's also the issue of hiring someone to man the booth, even though FI says FBIL can or we just let guests do it themselves (...yeah, no.)

So my question is, are any of you doing this on your own, and how do you plan to?  I told him before i booked it i would give the idea a chance, but now I'm worried that if i keep waiting, i will wind up having to do it on my own anyway!!

I plan on asking the DIY board but i figured i would start at home with you all :)
Thanks!!

Re: Photobooths

• Options
    Nope we are hiring a photobooth.  You can find deals on groupon also.  I wouldn't want to have to worry about taking something down and putting something up like that on the wedding day in my dress.  Also my guests are my guests, family or not I don't want to have someone manning the booth all night and have them try to help take stuff down or put stuff up.   Don't make your FBIL help just let him enjoy the day.

Anniversary

• Options
    wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    We are doing a DIY photo booth.  Our reception space has a turret on the side which is a perfect space to set it up (the day before)--just the backdrop and some props.  We are just hiring a student photographer to take digital pics for $75 (plus $25 tip if he/she does a good job).  The pics are being uploaded to a private photo sharing site and we will send prints with thank you cards.  So no prints on site.  I made these little cards for guests to access the pics as well:
    Have you thought about using a Fuji Instax or new polaroid that prints directly from the camera?  The instal film has a sticker back guests can peel and stick to their frames.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Peaseblossom- I couldn't agree more with you! I don't want any guests to do anything like this on our day. Wabanzi- everything you are doing sounds amazing! I love that photo sharing site idea...something to really look into!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Peaseblossom- I couldn't agree more with you! I don't want any guests to do anything like this on our day. Wabanzi- everything you are doing sounds amazing! I love that photo sharing site idea...something to really look into!
    Awww, thanks.  But I don't think that's true and I change my mind a lot (the up & downs of a long engagement!).  It would be nice to have prints on site, but I just don't want the mess & more complicated set up.  I do however, keep eyeing the instant cameras as a possibility.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards