June 2014 Weddings

Candy Anyone?

Are any of you buying candy for favors/candy buffet/gifts/etc?  I don't really buy a lot of candy but will need some to round out our dessert-treat buffet/ice cream bar.  I have already decided on some great popcorn flavors to include but need something sweet too.  Some of the candies can do double duty as ice cream sundae toppings.

Any suggestions on where to buy?
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Candy Anyone?

• My personal favourite is peanut M&Ms :)
  • Definitely M&Ms.  They will go with our ice cream sundae bar too!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For sundae bar candies, mini York patties, Andes mints, Reese's pieces, and cookie dough bites are my favorites.
  • For sundae bar candies, mini York patties, Andes mints, Reese's pieces, and cookie dough bites are my favorites.
    And Health bits (or toffee) for the sundae bar.  

Not all the candy has to do double duty.  I have bags for guests to take a treat home if they like.

Just FYI: I bought the M&Ms yesterday at Walmart for $4 per 2.5 lb bag.  That was much, much cheaper than any online store that I saw.  

Now, how to get through the next few months with 20 lbs of M&Ms without eating them all...
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could also check out Oriental Trading. You can order candy in your wedding colors, and they have a lot of different types of candies. Depending on how much you need though, they can get a little pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards