Attire & Accessories Forum

Is a veil too much?

I just purchased my dress and I am torn on a veil. I'm not dead set on having one but I like the idea out of tradition. The one thing holding me back most is that my dress has a lot going on from top to bottom. I'm extremely picky when it comes to fashion and feel like the veil may be too much with my dress. Thoughts?

Re: Is a veil too much?

• Gosh, that dress is really pretty. A simple veil will look lovely with it.
  • If you do go with a veil I would go with a simple one tiered cathedral length veil with either a raw edge or small lace trim.

Your dress is freaking gorgeous by the way.

• I think you could wear a veil with that dress.  
    Here are some pictures of that dress with a veil:
    designer wedding dresses in fort worthdesigner wedding dresses in fort worth
    designer wedding dresses in fort worth
  •  I like the veil look as well! I wore mine tucked under my updo, & didn't have it over my face during the ceremony. I liked it for the look vs the tradition. :)

*J
  • doeydo said:
    I think you could wear a veil with that dress.  
    Here are some pictures of that dress with a veil:
    designer wedding dresses in fort worthdesigner wedding dresses in fort worth
    designer wedding dresses in fort worth
    Wow! Thanks for finding that! It helps to see it with the dress. 
  • What other event can you wear a veil?  I say go for it!!  You don't have to wear it for the reception.

Anniversary
  • Wow.  Agree with all above.  1--your dress is stunning.  2--go for a veil.  
  • gorgeous dress!  I think a simple and elegant veil would look lovely with it!

Anniversary
  • I agree... gorgeous dress!  And I'm biased on the veil.  I've already bought my veil and I am buying the dress to match the veil... yeah... I know, I'm backwards. But I know the veil will fit and I've lost quite a bit of weight so I had to wait a little on the dress. LOL

I love brides with veils, they are just fun and as PP said where else do you get to wear one?  I also agree that with such a stunning dress you'll want to choose something simple. Clearly your dress shows what great taste you have so I am sure whatever you choose will be perfect. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That dress is stunning, and the veil other PP has shown would look amazing with it
  • I would keep the veil simple. I would hate to cover the back of that gorgeous dress!
  • I personally love cathedral length, but I think an elbow length or fingertip length simple veil with maybe beading around the edge would look LOVELY :)

image   image   image

• beautiful! I agree that a simple cathedral length veil would look great
  • Wow, thank you all so much! I will try a cathedral Veil when my dress comes in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards