Wedding Party

Help with junior bridesmaid dress!

Okay brides. I have found a dress that I LOVE for my bridesmaids on shopruche.com. However, I am afraid that the dress will not fit my 12 year old junior bridesmaid or I will not be able to find another that matches the color. How in the world am I supposed to find a dress for her? I am mostly worried about finding a similar color because I am assuming that this dress will not fit her.

Re: Help with junior bridesmaid dress!

• What body type is the 12 year old?  I ask because some girls are quite filled out at that age while others are long and lean, etc.
  • First you should find out if your bridesmaids like the dress and if it flatters them. If not, this could be a non issue. Your younger bridesmaid (please drop the junior) does not have to wear the same style or color dress as the others.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That looks like a dress that only a few people would look good in. 

• Viczaesar said:
    That looks like a dress that only a few people would look good in. 
    This. Blouson is not a flattering shape.
  • I had two thirteen-year-old bridesmaids.  I sent them a couple of suggestions. They weren't thrilled with them so they held a phone conference (they are cousins) and picked out a few they liked.  Then one of them called me and I got online to check out their choices.  I vetoed one.  It was not appropriate for their age.  They then decided on which of the other dresses they would buy, they also picked out matching shoes (totally their choice I just asked they wear silver).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd imagine it would look better on the 12-year-old, who has no body fat and no hips, than it will on grown women who have curves.

That style is terribly unflattering to most people. Please ask your BMs (individually and privately) what they think of the dress. It's really a very unforgiving shape.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Viczaesar said:
    That looks like a dress that only a few people would look good in. 
    This. Blouson is not a flattering shape.
    I think they are super cute, but every time I try a blouson dress on it looks like I am wearing a bag.  It's not a flattering shape on me at all.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I would look rough in this dress, as would all my bridesmaids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards