Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake center pieces

Anyone else doing small cakes for center pieces, or seen this done well? I'm in need of some good ideas of how to pull this off :) any ideas/pictures would be great help!

Re: Cake center pieces

• I know someone who did this.  It looked nice, but personally, I thought it was a HUGE waste of cake.  Let's say a table has 8 people- 8 people are not going to eat a whole cake by themselves.
  • It has been probably 4 or 5 years ago now but there was a MOB here who was a pro pastry chef and did this for her DD's wedding. She stressed over and over that a 6 inch layer cake was PLENTY for this and not to go bigger. She used 4 old style champaign glasses, not flutes, turned upside down, as the base to set the cake on. I would have loved to do this for one of my girls but they did not choose it.
  • I've seen pictures of it and heard girls talking about it, but I've never seen it done personally. I think it could be cute, but would the guests at the table have to cut and serve the cake to themselves? That could get messy.
  • My sister did cupcakes for centerpieces (she also had traditional cake) in the shape of a floral arrangement. They were much cheaper than traditional flowers.

• We're not doing cakes in the center, but we are doing dessert towers on every table. Everyone can have a little bit of everything then. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards