Florida-South Florida

Miami- Coconut Grove or Biscayne Bay???

We've chosen Miami as our honeymoon destination but are determined to stay on Biscayne Bay and away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Miami. Anyone ever stayed in either Coconut Grove or Key Biscayne? Is one nicer than the other? Pros and cons? Can anyone recommend beachfront places to stay in either location? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Re: Miami- Coconut Grove or Biscayne Bay???

• Key Biscayne is more isolated and there is a toll plaza that you have to pay every time you drive onto the key.  Both Coconut Grove and Key Biscayne are very small areas of Miami. Hope that helped with something. 
  • This does help. Thanks! Are they both equally as nice? Do you have any recommendations as far as resorts?
  • I would not recommend either locations. As a Miami native I can tell you that while key Biscayne is a beautiful area there are relatively few things to do and eat. The beaches aren't the prettiest and getting in and out of key Biscayne will be time consuming and hectic (major construction on connecting bridges). Downtown is not really the place to be and coconut grove is mostly residential with the exception of Coco Walk. If you want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of south beach but still have lots of options I would recommend Bal Harbour or North Miami Beach.
  • Excellent! Thanks! Any resort recommendations for those areas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards