Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/UOs/I Judge/Complaints/Etc

audrewuhaudrewuh member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited February 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Lets get this shit going today. I've got 4 hours at work until I leave to go to the Rodeo Cook Off tonight. 

Complaint: the public school system, especially in Texas. Ever heard about the School-to-Prison pipeline? I've got a kid stuck in it and it's killing me. Read about it here. 

Confession: I've really been wanting to post more, but by the time I get to a thread, my point has already been made, it's just too long for me to jump into, or I just don't care about the topic.

I judge: Christians who act like they're being persecuted in America. Grow the fuck up and gain a little self awareness. 

I had a UO, but I can't remember it...

ETA: I remember!

I judge and a UO: the "end it" movement. If half the people on facebook, instagram, and twitter knew who made the clothes they're wearing or the marker they used to write with, or the cell phone they used to take a selfie with, they wouldn't be "in it to end it." They'd realize they're a part of the problem. Awareness has a place and is good and healthy, but at some point you have to walk the walk, too. 
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: Confessions/UOs/I Judge/Complaints/Etc

• Confession: I am completely overwhelmed a show opening tonight another in 3 weeks, the house is messy, FI is remodeling the kitchen and I get married in about 3 months.

I also did not have fun with the show process for the one that is opening tonight it only runs this weekend and I will be so happy and relieved when it is over

Complaint: Proof copies of my invitation came in the mail yesterday, I sent in my documents to them with a gold font the sample came to me in a reddish brown. I get that from their printer it may not be exact but it's way off. Didn't someone take a look at it before it was sent out to me and say this is way off, we should fix this? I was told yesterday I would hear back from a manager today and so far nothing yet.

I have no UO's at the moment

Anniversary

• I judge people who come on here, ask a question, and then either delete their post or never return because they don't get the answer they want. 

I judge my sister, who thinks her scumbag, deadbeat of a boyfriend is the most amazing man on the planet. He's just NOT a good guy. And it kills me that she doesn't see that she deserves SO MUCH BETTER. 

I also judge the fact that my sister hasn't been single for more than two weeks since she was like 14. I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. She's 26 and has seriously NEVER been single. She's "that girl" who just cannot be alone, so she settles, and thinks she's "happy." 

I judge myself for the shitty Lean Cuisine choices I made this week. I'm STARVING, and my lunch was gross, and it's far too cold to walk to the student center to get something else. So now I'll just be hangry for the rest of the day. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    edited February 2014
    @peaseblossom55 I'm sorry you're not enjoying this upcoming show. Sucks to put so much into something that you're really not having fun with. @brisox81 - there are very few Lean Cuisines that are actually tasty AND good texture. Half the time the veggies end up feeling like rubber.

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Complaint: I'm frustrated with the incredibly poor writing skills students have coming into college. Honestly, reading some of my students papers I'm wondering how the hell they got into college in the first place, much less graduated from high school.

Complaint: If my co-worker uses the phrase "You got jew'd" one more time I'm going to have to physically hurt him. Every time he says it I tell him off but he doesn't seem to think it's a big deal. You're in a fucking masters program for communication and you don't think words you use have meaning and power? And you can't say things like that and then tell me you aren't prejudice...yes you are otherwise you wouldn't say it asshole.

Confession: My patient pants are wearing pretty thin these days. I want a sparkly!!!

• @audrewuh - I'll confess that I go to the church that originated the end it movement and yet I totally agree with you. It's really unfortunate - the people behind the campaign are so passionate about walking the walk, but they're not encouraging anyone to take real action.

I judge people who wear leggings/t shirts/tennis shoes to work. My company only recently allowed casual dress every day (but all of those items are expressly forbidden) and I'm afraid that we'll lose that privilege if people keep violating it.

And I judge myself for the number of girl scout cookies I've eaten in the last two weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Complaint: H and I booked our 1st Anniversary trip (yeah!) but not I'm worried about how my body is going to look in a swim suit.  Seriously.  I have less than a month to shape a few things up.

Complaint: People who jam themselves into the El.  WTF - Lady, we are squished like sardines.  Just because you choose to live in a part of town that is more trendy (thus the train is full before you get on it) and you choose to leave at rush hour doesn't mean you get to jam you hard purse into me.

• @audrewuh - I have been loving the Healthy Choice Steamers lately, but the Lean Cuisines were on sale. I also have found a bunch of the Lean Cuisines that I DO like... this one was just bad. 

@bethsmiles - I've switched to yoga patient pants. Much more forgiving. ;) 

*******************************************************************************************

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    edited February 2014
    Hahaha! Yoga patient pants sound wonderful. 

@lalalaurita - I wear that every day... except the leggings are jeans and the sneakers are flip flops. But I also don't work in a professional setting and I chose that on purpose. I don't do well with dress codes. 

@minksat30 where are you going? Also, did you know I'm going to Chi-town in just a few weeks?

ETA: 
    Confession: I've watched Frozen three times in the last two days. 

• Confession: I got in trouble with H last weekend because I let him know I was behind on taking my BCP.

Confession: I just read that Darcy the Flying Hedgehog has passed away and I teared up.

Complaint: @TwoDimes I want a donut now. Thanks for not liking them like I do.

Complaint: Work be too crazy this week. I need a break right now.

Judge: Those people in my life that keeeep going back to the negative of things. Imma bout to slap one of them.

• @audrewuh - We are going to Puerto Morelos in Mexico.  We booked a great room since we will only be there for three nights/four days.  It has its own hot tub (which is huge) on a private roof top connected to the room.  I'm going to be in love with that (and thankfully that will minimize the time spent in a swim suit in front of people other than H).  I'm really not in love with my body right now.  When are you coming to Chicago?!?   

• @audrewuh it sucks but performing is still fun.  I am having a blast with the other show coming up and I've been dying to play that role for a long time (Emily in Our Town)

I confess I just want to eat all the carbs and all the cake.....

I could also use a nice mani/pedi right now

Anniversary

• Confession: After our Ben & Jerry's conversation yesterday, I went to the grocery store and bought some for dessert! It was wonderful!

Confession: I'm becoming very impatient. I don't like it because I find myself thinking about things that haven't been done by other people and I become irritated...I need to calm down! Or maybe just take a vacation.

Complaints: Georgia's weather...what in the world!?!? Why are you so cold all of a sudden?!?

Judge: I judge this girl that goes to my CrossFit who is one of the best there but is definitely extremely full of herself b/c of it! She posted a workout the other day on facebook saying, "if you beat such and such time then you're really good" and of course she is the only one in the gym who beats that time...that's nice : )

• @bethsmiles Ummmmmm that is super fucking racist! What an asshole!

Confession: I didn't work Tuesday after sleeping for 16 hours. I couldn't sleep again last night (slept for about 5 hours after being awake for 24) and I'm not sure I'm going in today. I feel like I'm drowning with how lazy I've been.

Unpopular Opinion: I prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks. However, it's because I really just dislike Starbucks in general, and my favorite coffeeshop beverage (besides PSL) is hot chocolate, and I HATE Starbucks hot chocolate. And I hate their pastries. Donuts donuts donuts.

I judge: Anyone who says, "Well, I know our guests won't mind because I asked." You know what? When someone calls me while I'm asleep, and they ask, "Did I wake you up?" I answer, "Nope! Not at all. How are you?" That's right: I LIE.

Complaint: Horrific lack of regular sleep this week + antibody infusion last week = I'm getting sick! YAY.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @audrewuh - We are going to Puerto Morelos in Mexico.  We booked a great room since we will only be there for three nights/four days.  It has its own hot tub (which is huge) on a private roof top connected to the room.  I'm going to be in love with that (and thankfully that will minimize the time spent in a swim suit in front of people other than H).  I'm really not in love with my body right now.  When are you coming to Chicago?!?   

SITB

@minksat30 - I'm coming March 18-21st! I'll be in downtown, around the corner from Cathy's for a youth ministry conference. @suzie211 and I have talked about getting together on the night of the 18th. 

• @minskat30 that anniversary trip sounds awesome

Anniversary

• @southernpeach89 I got Blue Bell last night instead of Ben and Jerry's and I fully regret it. @swazzle and @elle1036 advised me to get the B&J and I didn't listen. 

• @audrewuh- This is unfortunate news. B&J above all other ice cream (maybe close to ColdStone but then again idk).
  • Confession: I have 3.5 hours left at work and nothing to do...I wish I could drink at work

UO: I workout while listening to dubstep, I'm so corny

I judge: People who post once and then don't follow up. I took the time to answer your question. Or people who DD.

I judge: People who get snotty with me when I ask them what their insurance is. Oh okay, you want to bitch, we'll bill you.

Complaints: I'm so fucking tired of this snow!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • laceybirdlaceybird member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Complaint: I really wish FI would take more initiative to clean up after himself so that I don't have to spend most of my off-day cleaning the apartment.

Confession: I really have no desire to go to church over something small and petty. I admit I'm still pretty bitter.

Unpopular Opinion: Parents who open up snacks/toys/etc. for their children to eat/play with throughout the grocery store to "keep them placated" until it's time to check out. When I was a kid, the only thing I got to placate me was a butt-whoopin' if I didn't behave.

I Judge: People who are too lazy to put their shopping carts into a cart return when they've finished unloading their groceries. You just spent over an hour walking around a store pushing a LOADED grocery cart, but once it's empty you can't be bothered to walk an extra 15 feet to put it where it goes and not risk damaging someone's car or blocking a parking spot?
    Anniversary
  • audrewuh said:

@audrewuh - We are going to Puerto Morelos in Mexico.  We booked a great room since we will only be there for three nights/four days.  It has its own hot tub (which is huge) on a private roof top connected to the room.  I'm going to be in love with that (and thankfully that will minimize the time spent in a swim suit in front of people other than H).  I'm really not in love with my body right now.  When are you coming to Chicago?!?   

SITB

@minksat30 - I'm coming March 18-21st! I'll be in downtown, around the corner from Cathy's for a youth ministry conference. @suzie211 and I have talked about getting together on the night of the 18th. 

Yeah!  Count me in if you guys are getting together on the 18th (and if you'll let me join you).  :)
  • @southernpeach89 It was one of my poorer decisions I've made this month. 

@buddysmom80 I fully agree. Mainly because this week at work has been emotionally exhausting I want to get an early jump on my drinking. 

Irrational Irritation: My Sunday school teachers just let me know they aren't going to be able to teach Sunday. So now I've actually got to do something today. 

• laceybird said:
    Complaint: I really wish FI would take more initiative to clean up after himself so that I don't have to spend most of my off-day cleaning the apartment.

Confession: I really have no desire to go to church over something small and petty. I admit I'm still pretty bitter.

Unpopular Opinion: Parents who open up snacks/toys/etc. for their children to eat/play with throughout the grocery store to "keep them placated" until it's time to check out. When I was a kid, the only thing I got to placate me was a butt-whoopin' if I didn't behave.

I Judge: People who are too lazy to put their shopping carts into a cart return when they've finished unloading their groceries. You just spent over an hour walking around a store pushing a LOADED grocery cart, but once it's empty you can't be bothered to walk an extra 15 feet to put it where it goes and not risk damaging someone's car or blocking a parking spot?
    This. There have been more times I can remember getting dragged out of a store or restaurant to go sit in the car with Dad or get spanked!
  • audrewuh said:

@audrewuh - We are going to Puerto Morelos in Mexico.  We booked a great room since we will only be there for three nights/four days.  It has its own hot tub (which is huge) on a private roof top connected to the room.  I'm going to be in love with that (and thankfully that will minimize the time spent in a swim suit in front of people other than H).  I'm really not in love with my body right now.  When are you coming to Chicago?!?   

SITB

Yeah!  Count me in if you guys are getting together on the 18th (and if you'll let me join you).  :)

Of course!! 

• Complaint: FI and I got into a huuge fight last night. He was supposed to get home by 6:30 because someone was potentially coming to fix our heat. I was babysitting, and he called me at 6:20 (!!!) to tell me he was just leaving work because he had been stuck in a meeting and would be home in an hour. Luckily I was able to get home just before the repairperson showed up. THEN, FI didn't walk in the door until 8:15. He admitted that after talking to me, he decided to go out for a few drinks with some of his CW's instead of coming right home. We've had multiple arguments about this and I've told him that all I want/need is for him to let me know when he's going out after work and not coming straight home. He almost never tells me, and then I'm stuck wondering where he is and when he's getting home. I hate it, and was so upset last night, and cried a lot. I told him that if he can't start communicating better with me, then we have a serious problem. 

I Judge: The parents of the kid I babysit for. She was out of school for 3 days in a row the week before her mid-winter recess (and also had a snow day, and delayed opening in that same week). Her dad just asked me to pick her up from school at 12 on Friday and bring her home, because she's going to a Bat Mitzva (sp?) up in MA. She has missed SO much school already and her grades are suffering!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Complaint: FI and I got into a huuge fight last night. He was supposed to get home by 6:30 because someone was potentially coming to fix our heat. I was babysitting, and he called me at 6:20 (!!!) to tell me he was just leaving work because he had been stuck in a meeting and would be home in an hour. Luckily I was able to get home just before the repairperson showed up. THEN, FI didn't walk in the door until 8:15. He admitted that after talking to me, he decided to go out for a few drinks with some of his CW's instead of coming right home. We've had multiple arguments about this and I've told him that all I want/need is for him to let me know when he's going out after work and not coming straight home. He almost never tells me, and then I'm stuck wondering where he is and when he's getting home. I hate it, and was so upset last night, and cried a lot. I told him that if he can't start communicating better with me, then we have a serious problem. 

I Judge: The parents of the kid I babysit for. She was out of school for 3 days in a row the week before her mid-winter recess (and also had a snow day, and delayed opening in that same week). Her dad just asked me to pick her up from school at 12 on Friday and bring her home, because she's going to a Bat Mitzva (sp?) up in MA. She has missed SO much school already and her grades are suffering!
    When I was student teaching, there was a 6th grader who was playing on a Canadian youth ice hockey team. He missed two weeks out of every 6 week grading period to go to Canada and train. He was out the entire month of March for their hockey tournament. We just put together packets of school work and he did it when he got home or, if we got it to him early, he did it on the plane. I just didn't get it at all. 

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    edited February 2014
    Complaint: So, this girl I knew from high school who is literally the most BSC person I've ever encountered IRL or onlnie - literally the MOST - just got a job in security at my school. She works in the health sciences building and directs parking in the lot where I park. I've already run into her a couple of times, and she keeps asking if we can get coffee, lunch, or other caloric things together. I cannot deal with this girl. It's not even that I dislike her; it's that she's literally cray. She is not self-aware at all, everything is all about her, constant complaining about her life but no action, and she's just so discouraging and not a real friend at all. This is the reason we stopped hanging out back in the day. I'm trying to decide whether it would be fruitful to even offer her any feedback at all about this, or if I should just continue to bean-dip her whenever we cross paths. I don't want to be mean, but...seriously, NO insight.

Complaint: It's practically an obligation to complain about the weather at this point, so yeah. I hate cold and snow.

I judge: people who get to class late like it's their routine. Yes, I know you have kids. Yes, I know you work. Yes, I know you have a life. I have some of those things too. But I get here on time and manage not to disturb the rest of the class when I do slip in a couple minutes late. And I don't make a habit of it.

I judge: my friend who routinely runs at least half an hour late to everything we schedule, and her excuse is, "CLo, it's ME we're talking about!" Just GET THERE WHEN YOU SAY YOU WILL! Not that hard! I know she's capable of showing up on time to things because whenever she hangs out with my ex, she's on time. For me, and for other social events in general, at least 30 minutes late. So annoying.

ETA: I judge: myself for baking brownies the other day and being so excited to get them out of the oven that part of the middle didn't even cook. Dessert lover FAIL.

Confession: I am guilty of putting the cart before the horse too, @TwoDimes. It's something I'm very good at. I have examples. Last night, I started looking at apartments that are near where I want to work. This is at least six to seven months away from when I'll be looking for a job and moving. No reason whatsoever for doing this other than I'm just really freaking excited to move out someday, even though it would be a much better use of my time to study and get through my classes so I can actually get the job and afford to move out.

In the same vein, my brother has this friend that he wants to introduce me to. Said friend happens to be my age-ish, male, single, and a decent human being (and super good-looking, according to FB). I'm way too excited and getting way ahead of myself and just spazzing out. It would really benefit me to just relax, enjoy meeting a new friend, and not even think about what *could* potentially happen. But I keep catching myself thinking/stressing about it. I don't even know when I'm going to meet him because of crazy school/work stuff throughout March.
  • @audrewuh - Your judge in your first post made me think of THIS. It's been popping up on my Facebook feed for the past couple of days. Also, I totally agree with the whole "I want to post more but all my comments seem null because I'm so late to the thread" thing. It annoys the crap out of me. 

Complaint: I complain that I haven't taken any marketing classes until now. I want to do a marketing internship this summer but I doubt I'll get any of the good ones because I don't have the classes that I need under my belt. 

Confession: My class got canceled today and I'm hungry. However, I'm too lazy to get out of my pjs and go get lunch. At least I'm trying to work on homework...

Judge: BF has a 4 year old cousin. Said cousin refuses to eat anything but sweets and gets away with it. They (grandparents and parents) say that they just feel so bad for him because he won't eat anything and they just want him to have some food so they give him sweets, despite the doctor telling them not to. This child knows he gets everything he wants, so I'm sure he refuses food knowing he'll get sweets if he does. It just frustrates me to no end.

Confession: I may be getting impatient for a ring even though we have a plan. And I calculated that I have to wait about 3 years for a ring, sooo... yeah. A bit impatient. I just keep telling myself to take our relationship one step at a time. 

• @hummingbird125 That's really weird. B'nai mitzvahs are on Saturdays. Why would you need to leave school early on a Friday? Weird!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I LOVE that little quiz, @foxandbunny! A former TK poster is all up on facebook RAGING about how her priests will be "forced to perform gay marriages" if same sex marriage becomes legal. It makes me absolutely irate. She keeps going back to the "cake baker that was sued for not baking a cake for a gay wedding" as evidence that the "lines of society" are being blurred to the point that it puts her religious freedom at risk.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. 

Also, whoever asked, the end it movement is about ending modern day slavery. You know, freeing the people who made the t shirts that are sold at the conferences where End It is propogated. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards