Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/UOs/I Judge/Complaints/Etc

Re: Confessions/UOs/I Judge/Complaints/Etc

• @peaseblossom55 my invites came in gold THREE TIMES before they came (right) in silver.  Good luck!  Is it WPD, by any chance?  I am just curious haha...

@hummingbird125 and @andrewuh The attendance policy here is that if you miss more than 9 days a semester, you automatically fail...And the 9 days are ANY days that do not have a doctor's note.  A parents' note is not good enough, sooooo how do the above situations work?  I mean I suppose a snow day wouldn't count against you (although in FL, it would be a disaster)

Non-complaint:  I picked up my wedding dress today!!  I'm teaching my mom how to bustle it this weekend, so I might get pics then for all you pics or it didn't happen people :)

Confession: FI got pissed at me yesterday cause I changed the channel when he was bitching and moaning at his basketball team on TV.  They are HORRIBLE, and I just wanted him to act like a grown up.  Yes, there were some years when the colts were horrible, but I don't curse at the TV like a maniac.  I am sane.  How about you be sane too?

I Judge: My quasi-friend is having a baby shower (she's the one that wanted to get pregnant before she got married because she wanted a kid omg.this.very.second!) and invited every person on her wedding guest list...um, I live over 1200 miles away.  I'm not going to your baby shower.  Also, don't invite my mom.  She doesn't want to go either.  Stop being so gift grabby

Confession: I haven't been on BC since May, which basically means we haven't had sex since May.  I don't want to go back on BC when we get married and I don't want to get pregnant.  I haven't figured out how to work around this yet.  This was a long-awaited confession obviously

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue&White no this is through catprint.com my friend used them and had no problems... so hopefully this gets resolved quickly.  I got a call a little while ago and they are adjust printer settings to get it right.

Anniversary

• Confession: I want to spend all of my bonus on travel. H would kill me. 

Complaint: My new bag and watch were supposed to be delivered today but I just checked the tracking and now it won't be here until tomorrow. I hate UPS.

Confession: I have become addicted to Wint O Green Lifesavers. I bought a big bag the other day and I CAN'T STOP EATING THEM. 

• @swazzle they've got to have a patch for that :)  although I think too many wint o green lifesavers and my mouth would hurt lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @blue I haven't had sex in a while, but it's mostly because of my stupid ladybits having stupid problems. It's embarrassing and annoying. Are you not up for any kind of BC, or just not hormonal BC? You could use condoms, or try a diaphragm or a cervical cap.

I'm on hormonal BC, but it's Mirena. I don't ever want to go back on the pill; I gained so much weight!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    @blue - I feel ya on the sex thing. We're finally coming out of a moratorium of sorts. I stopped taking my BC because it was being all awful and stuff and it got expensive and I was lazy and didn't want to deal with the insurance company. All that to say, have you talked about using condoms or other non-hormonal birth control? H and I switched around with different condoms until we found ones we like. Shocking, they aren't trojan, which were the only ones we'd ever used. 

On the school thing, a parent's note in Texas is enough excuse for absences. Which is another reason why I got so good at forging my dad's signature in high school. No doctor's note is required. 

ETA:
    @swazzle - I have a pile of those mints hidden on my desk so I eat them slowly. 

Also, where will you travel? I'm 2k points away from having enough to fly to NY to see you. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @laceybird Judge away. @southernpeach89 must NOT remember based on her PP...BUT my mom used to buy us a box of Animal Crackers to share all the time when we'd go shopping at the commissary when we were kids. I remember because she'd pass the cashier the demolished box of cookies when checkout time came. Then again...these shopping trips were marathons...3 kids, plus two carts worth of groceries were the norm. But my sister is also right...she got dragged out of restaurants and stores pretty frequently for acting out. I think in the end we turned out all right. ;)

• @phira Mainly just against hormonal.  I just feel SO MUCH healthier not on it - mentally and physically.  We've had sex with condoms since but then I'm all paranoid - I'm thinking of trying the diaphragm and condoms approach.  That seems to have decent statistics.  I just don't want a baby yet :)  I figure I have to just have the "you realize we haven't had sex in a while" talk with the FI and that's never that fun.  But I will get there, because sex is kinda important.  As is communication about stuff like I do not want a human growing inside of me yet. :)
  • @lmhollister My DAD used to take all four of us kiddos shopping for groceries on Saturday morning so my mom could have a break.  So he had one cart full of kids and another cart full of groceries.  I hear rumors we were very well behaved, lol.  BUT in future parenting advice to myself?  I also think it helped us all learn how to budget/save/make decisions about what we need vs. what we want in the grocery store.  My dad is kinda awesome haha
  • @lmhollister and @southernpeach89 I can't remember which one of you is the older one? And don't you have a third sister? 

I love how lm just threw sp under the bus there, by the way. I giggled. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Okay, I will play along:

Confession: I want to the BF to get propose already. He has asked me to show him rings, both of our families approve and keep asking about it, and he told me he wants to get married some time in the next 2-3 years. (No, I have not done any actual planning.....sorry no entertainment here!).

Complaint: My project at work keeps getting delayed, and I feel bad not having much to do but browse TK, Pinterest, and Facebook while getting paid.

UO: I hate mason jars, wine bottles, and upside down wine glasses with candles as decorations/centerpieces.

I Judge: This girl that my friend and I went to college with. She wears too much make-up, takes way too many selfies on facebook, has to annouce to the world on facebook that she is taking a shower, etc.  My friend is getting married next year (I'm a bridesmaid) and has Pinterest boards dedicated to different wedding ideas, and this crazy make-up girl pins every single one of them onto her "imaginary, for the distant future" wedding board.  Step off and stop planning for your special snowflake imaginary wedding (complete with "42 ways to add much needed glitter to your life!"-that's one of the only original ideas not from my friend on her board.....).

• edited February 2014
    @lmhollister-I remember the animal crackers but my agreement with @laceybird was more so for the toys and bringing those things into the store with them. Thank you very much. 
  • @audrewuh - Yesterday I was :::this close::: to booking a trip to Iceland in the fall. I'm sure if I asked H, I could talk him into it but we're supposed to be saving for a house right now. Meh. 

@blue - Since May?! I can't imagine. Have you considered an IUD? There is one that they make with no hormones at all that maybe could be an option for you. 

• @Audrewuh- @lmhollister loves pointing out to everyone how awful of a child I was. I was pretty bad though but we just laugh about it now. We do have a younger sister (21), I'm in the middle (24) and @lmhollister (26) is the oldest.
  • @audrewuh I'm the oldest. We do have a younger sister but she's not cool enough to come play with us on TK.

@southernpeach89 I fully agree on the toys thing...just sayin' we did get treats too sometimes in the store.

• @swazzle yea, I think maybe like twice since may which is pitiful.  An IUD and I would never work simply because I'm terrified of needles (and so I don't tend to do voluntary medical procedures.)  Part of the reason I'm so terrified of getting pregnant, frankly.  We can afford a kid, and would be great parents - but I would be an anxious wreck of a preggo for ten months.  But I think if I just talk to FI and be like "here are the risks, here are the options" he and I should be able to figure this out.  And frankly, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little bit more action lol.
  • @swazzle buy a house so snoos and I can have our own rooms. ;) Trips to Iceland can wait. 

@southernpeach89 I thought @lmhollister was older! I love the way you interact with each other on here. The sister dynamic on the boards is fun.

@aurorarose41 things are a little slow here too, in the sense that I'm exhausted from the last two weekends of trips and I want to hide out and be lazy this week. So I've been knotting and facebooking a lot. 

UO: I only like Pinterest on my phone. I hate the way it looks on the computer. It's way too busy and overstimulating. 

• ETA TK isn't letting me edit my posts. @southernpeach89 is right...I do point out how naughty she was from basically birth until age 5ish. But it's hilarious to remember now. Plusalso...all three of us were all naughty together pretty frequently. Like hiding in clothing racks whenever my mom would take us shopping...I think I was the most frequent instigator of that little activity.

• @swazzle also, my buddy went on his honeymoon to iceland...he had this icelandic travel agent come up with a road trip for him and he rented a car and toured all these glaciers and stayed in random people's houses (that were kinda like bed and breakfast set ups) AND he had to drive on the wrong side of the road.  I could get you the info if you wanted it
  • @audrewuh - I've been looking at new apartments a lot this week. I do want to move because I hate not having a spare room for guests but buying something really terrifies me especially since we have no idea where we want to live. I'm kind of pushing for moving but still renting, H really wants to buy and I just want to travel everywhere. 

• @swazzle yea, I think maybe like twice since may which is pitiful.  An IUD and I would never work simply because I'm terrified of needles (and so I don't tend to do voluntary medical procedures.)  Part of the reason I'm so terrified of getting pregnant, frankly.  We can afford a kid, and would be great parents - but I would be an anxious wreck of a preggo for ten months.  But I think if I just talk to FI and be like "here are the risks, here are the options" he and I should be able to figure this out.  And frankly, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little bit more action lol.
    I'm not sure how this correlates? You don't get needles for an IUD. It's not a PLEASANT experience, getting it inserted, but it's done after that. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @BriSox81 unfortunately, the insertion process is similar enough to a needle that I would be unconscious and/or shaking uncontrollably.  My phobia is stupid, I realize that, but I have several coping mechanisms and avoiding triggers is my best one.  I don't allow the phobia to come in between me and required medical procedures, but it is best for everyone involved if I don't add extra medical procedures.  So it is a bit facetious for me to say that I'm "terrified" of needles...it's just easier for others to understand than an outright phobia of medical procedures.
  • @blue&white have you considered Fertility Awareness Method? There's a book out called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" that explains it all. No hormones, needles, etc. My friend swears by FAM as a form of BC (she's Catholic so she can't use BC or something, idk I'm not Catholic). I had my Mirena taken out in December and only use a small portion of the FAM (my temperature in the AM) to make sure my cycles are back to normal after having a hormonal IUD (which I LOVED) in for so long.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Ok...now it's for reals time for confessions/uo's/etc.

Confession: I watched four episodes of Four Weddings on Tuesday night and drank half a bottle of wine. Pretty sure I fell asleep 3/4 of the way through episode 3 and woke up near the end of the 4th episode. I went to bed and had my first WR nightmare. That was fun...

Complaint: All the people who showed up consistently late to the customer interaction workshop I was involved in this week. We seriously lost at least 1 and half hours of learning/discussion time thanks to over half of the class consistently showing up 15 to 30 minutes late from breaks.

I Judge: My mom. We had girl's night last night and she ended up sitting next to a totally cray cray lady at the bar. Apparently the woman never had children because she had an abortion or abortions. We don't know the situation behind her pregnancies or the personal situation she was in at the time but my mom won't let go of the fact that this woman had an abortion. IMO...it was totally her choice and her right to do so and my mom needs to just move on. Yes, the lady was a complete nutso...but it was still her choice.

II: One of FI's college buddies texted him last week to see how he was doing because they hadn't chatted in a long time. FI was just an hour away from his friend this week while he travelled to Purdue for a job fair and didn't even bother to call his friend. I just don't get it. If I was that close geographically to one of my best friends from college and had the opportunity to meet up, I'd definitely make an effort to at least call. I just feel annoyed about it and there's no reason for it.

• @brisox81 are you all right knowing all the steps in the process? I loved it when H told me everything, but I was also frustrated at the same time. That may come from my general irrational irritation that he has NO ability whatsoever to keep secrets or plan surprises. 

GUYS. I'm going to the rodeo cook off in just a few hours and I cannot be more excited. This will be the first one I'll be able to drink at because I won't be responsible for driving my dad home. I may pee.

• @brisox81 here's my confession: I'M PEEING MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 I've heard of FAM (mainly because my family is Catholic) but wouldn't want to rely on it as a sole means of birth control.  I think it's a decent method for understanding your fertility when you're actively trying to have children, but I think it's a bit naive as a birth control method.  At least by itself :)
  • @andrewuh I'm jealous of your rodeo cook off. 
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Confession: My gyno just called and I sent them to voicemail because I'm afraid they're calling about money. Even though I haven't been to see them in... 3 years?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards