Snarky Brides

Nice gesture? Or inappropriate?

So I'm 9 days out from my wedding (YAY!) My FBIL and his Fiancee are staying with his parents, as is FSMIL's father, and I've made welcome bags for all three of them (FILs don't know it, but I'm getting them some wine and baking cookies with a note of how grateful I am for their support this next weeked for them to enjoy). ANYWAYS....FBIL and FSIL are getting married in September. FSIL just got her dress, and has sent me a picture of it.

A couple of weeks ago, I was shopping in Hobby Lobby (aka, the evil place that sucks your soul out via your wallet) and bought myself a wedding memory book that had a design on it very similar to the lacy edging at the bottom of my dress. Now that I have the photo of FSIL's dress, I was thinking of getting one for her in a style similar to her dress, with a note of how I thought she might like to have one as she gets ready for her wedding day. The next time I will see her is at my wedding- I think the next closest date will be in May when FI graduates, but no guarantees. Their wedding is set for September.

Would it be inappropriate for me to have this wrapped and waiting for her at my FIL's place with their welcome bag? Or is it a nice gesture? I also have no idea if anyone in her family has gotten her something like this, and she hasn't mentioned having one.

Re: Nice gesture? Or inappropriate?

• I think it's really sweet. I would do it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I agree, it is sweet and if I was the recipient of that gesture, I would also consider it thoughtful. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agreed.  Very sweet and thoughtful.  Do it.
  • It seems like a sweet idea! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I think that would be a super-sweet gesture! She'd love it!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Not inappropriate at all, expecially if you explain "I saw this and it reminded me of your dress so I got it for you." If you doubt it is something she would actually use you can include a gift receipt so she can exchange it if she wants to.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I think it's nice.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Super nice! DO IT!!

When I got engaged one of my SIL got me "The Offbeat Bride" book and the other got me a "Bride" bag and zip up hoodie. They were thinking of me, excited for me - and I loved that these women who have very recently become members of our family put thought, time, and effort in to me when they really didn't have to. 
  • abbyj700 said:
    Super nice! DO IT!!

When I got engaged one of my SIL got me "The Offbeat Bride" book and the other got me a "Bride" bag and zip up hoodie. They were thinking of me, excited for me - and I loved that these women who have very recently become members of our family put thought, time, and effort in to me when they really didn't have to. 
    That is so sweet and awesome! :)
  • Inkdancer said:
    I think it's really sweet. I would do it.

I agree. It's sweet and thoughtful. But only get it if you really think she will like it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think for someone to think of another bride's day on her wedding weekend is extremely thoughtful and sweet! Not many would do that! You are both very lucky to have such nice SILs!!!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards