Not Engaged Yet

Weekend!!!!!

Hey everyone! It's Friday (it doesn't feel like it for me, this is a bad thing!)!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Tonight FI and I are going grocery shopping.

Saturday morning I have to run to the post office to mail something to @beanbot2002 for her new impending arrival. I was going to give it to her at the DC G2G but I didn't get to go (still SAD about that)

After that we're going to the local outlets so FI can get a new pair of boots and I need a new pair of sunglasses

We meet with our florist, I hope I don't get laughed out of there with my budget. BUT (and here's a pro tip), I "liked" their Facebook page and they put a post up that stated if you book by April 1st they'll give you 25% off your bridal bouquet. Hopefully, they'll honor it since we only need flowers for bouquets, bouts and corsages.

Saturday night I'm getting Mexican food with my friend.

Sunday is laundry and cleaning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Weekend!!!!!

• I'm so glad the weekend is finally here. Work has been crazy the past two weeks and these 10-12 hour days are literally killing me. I need to get some sleep.

Hopefully I'm only working until 10:30 this morning. Then I'm meeting a girlfriend at the dog park for a nice long walk and chat. We're thinking we might go out for Pho after that as a treat. She has a brand new baby girl so I can't wait to have some baby-holding time!

Tomorrow H is helping his mom with some things around her house. He and his brother have been spending one day every-other weekend over there cleaning/organizing and making goodwill runs since his father passed. I may use the day to catch up on sleep and do some spring cleaning of my own.

Sunday we don't really have any plans. H and I will probably do something relaxing together like go to a movie to take the dog on a road trip up to the foothills. We've both had a lot going on lately, so hopefully this will be a nice break.

• We're supposed to get more snow on Sunday

Saturday FI wants to go to Sam's Club and I want to see the Lego Movie!! 

Trying to keep this weekend light. 

Anniversary
  • @buddysmom80 and @allusive007 Sorry you're both having rough weeks. :( Hopefully things improve for you soon! @buddy I'm sure your florist will be able to work within your budget regardless of the total amount you want to spend. Everyone has a budget and they need to recognize that. I hope you get your discount too!!

FI was travelling all week so for work so he took today off and I'm working from home. Hopefully FI will make it to the grocery store for me today since our fridge is basically empty of everything except for condiments and milk. I kind of want to go on a date night tonight so we'll see where that goes.

Tomorrow we have our second cake casting. We're tasting pumpkin, spice, hummingbird, almond, and cornmeal cake! I'm really interested in the cornmeal cake because I've ever heard of it...so it ought to be interesting. Afterwards I want to go to the mall and do some registering. We're getting our engagement photos done in two weeks and we'll send STDs out after that so I should probably make some sort of effort to get it done. It should be mostly easy since there aren't a ton of things we want to put on the registry.

We don't have any plans for the rest of the weekend. It's supposed to warm up into the high 60s again and be sunny so we'll probablly go walking and do yard work.

• Happy Friday!

Tonight BF and I have gaming, and we're going to look at a townhouse. I don't think we'll put a bid in on this one - it's got wood siding, and I really don't want to deal with that. However, it's still a good chance to check out layouts and see what we do and don't like in a home.

Tomorrow (I sound like such a broken record) we're going to my parents' place. And this time I mean it! We're blocking a baby blanket for my mom to give to her friend's daughter next week at a baby shower. We'll have lunch, work on our taxes with my dad the accountant, do a couple other small things.

Sunday I'll practice piano and do some cleaning.
  • tonight H and I are going to grab dinner at our faaaaaaavorite Mexican place, and hopefully stop by our little bakery/coffee shop, too. the youth at our church are holding their Youth Week this week (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun) so we're going tonight to see what they're up to.  I also need to get in my Insanity Recovery work-out (and if I don't, oh well!) and stop by the little grocery store to pick up our non-fresh items.

tomorrow we're going to do the rest of our grocery shopping.  I'd like to put up some shelving that H got me for Valentine's Day, but we'll see.  I know he needs to use part of the day to get ready for his message on Sunday. 

Sunday we're supposed to get an ice storm, so we'll see what happens.

no real big plans this weekend and I love it!  I might tackle the "office" on Saturday.  it's actually full of JUNK right now, but we want to get it set up and move my old desk in there (it's still at my parents' house!) and start using the room.  so if nothing comes up, I'll probably use the majority of the day on Saturday to do that.
  • @lmhollister, I'm pretty confident that she'll work with our budget, but still I don't want to go there with a confident attitude! I was referred to this florist by my dad's old assistant and when I called to make the appointment they knew who I was by my last name (there was a HUGE fiasco between this florist and a florist near my parent's house and the quality of a basket that was sent to my parents, the woman at the florist we're going to ended up fed-exing the right basket to my parents, she was awesome).

The one thing I do worry about is our wedding is in the winter that any flower is going to be out of season. I'm thinking I want to do something like below for my bouquet. I don't know what I want to do for BM bouquets. Bouts and corsages will be in roses too:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 My florist basically said that in today's shipping industry seasonal doesn't matter much anymore so unless you ask for something completely crazy it honestly should not affect your price very much.

• @TwoDimes I think hummingbird cake must be a Southern thing. It's basically a spice type cake - like cinnamon, nutmeg and the cake has crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, and mashed bananas added to the batter and then you bake it. It's typically served with cream cheese frosting and topped with more pecans. It's pretty sweet so I'm thinking FI won't be a big fan. He is not a dessert person at all.

• @lmhollister- cornmeal cake makes me think of cornbread lol. I would die if someone had cornbread cake at their wedding!

Tonight H is going bowling with some buddies right after work and I'm going to CrossFit. He is making dinner for us tonight so we will just stay in and watch movies.

Tomorrow we are going to the park early to go running. Last week we both improved our times on our 5k, it's not our plan this time to do the same thing but if it happens that would be awesome! Afterwards I was going to do some grocery shopping and then that night we are going to a really fancy Italian restaurant to celebrate his stepdad's 50th bday. I want to dress up lol.

Sunday we are going to church and afterwards I want to make this soup called Virus Killing Soup that was like 1000 different ingredients in it that takes all day to cook. It looks fabulous and it looks like it will for sure clear out all my sinuses from whatever has been in the air lately.

• @lmhollister I'm dreading cake tasting because FI is not a dessert person either!!!! He hates chocolate too, I don't know how we lasted this long together!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Tonight, I am making FI and I our favorite dinner, baked ziti and garlic bread sticks.  We need to go to Babies R Us and get our friends something since her baby shower is tomorrow afternoon. I might treat FI and I to some frozen yogurt tonight too because I've been craving it.

Tomorrow afternoon I have a baby shower to go to. After that, FI and I need to run to Hobby Lobby to get a few wedding things that are on sale this week. Later in the evening, my friend is having a birthday party at a local bar downtown so we will be going to that. 

Sunday we are suppose to have a winter storm :(  I'm so sick of winter.  We are right on the line of getting either 6-8 inches of snow or a lot of ice. I'm hoping for the snow because at least I can try to get into work if its just snow since I have a 4WD. If its ice, i'm screwed which makes me mad because I'm trying to save up my PTO!
    Anniversary

• I will take all those extra shares of dessert!!

I forgot, I'm going to get my eyes checked and buy a new pair of glasses!  I've had mine since like 2009 so it's time.  I'm considering these two pairs, leaning towards the tortoiseshell... I feel like the coloring will be better on me.  we'll see though!

LINK 1
    - tortoiseshell
    LINK 2 - leopard (in the smoked topaz)
  • @southernpeach89 I would LOVE some of this soup of yours. Pleeeeaassseeee share your leftovers!

@buddysmom80 Honestly, our very first cake tasting was not a lot of fun because of FI's anti-sweet stance. I felt like a bridezilla because I was the one making all decisions and providing all the input and all he did was make wisecracks and take one or two bites of cake. In the end he did say how much he liked the cream cheese frosting because it wasn't as sweet as he expected it to be so it ended well. But I felt frustrated lol!

• Thank goodness it is Friday!  Today H and I are working and then coming home and hitting the couch (boring, yes).

Saturday I plan on staying on track diet-wise (fingers crossed) so I'm going to go to dance class in the morning and try to get another exercise class in that night.  They we will probably go out with friends that evening and I'll undo all the good exercise I did by drinking.  :)

Sunday will be more cleaning of the house...our first open house is next week Sunday!  :)

• @CocoBellaF - I like the Tortoise ones!  They are super cute.  :)
  • @cocobellaf, I like the tortiseshell ones as well. They have a nice subtle pattern.
  • @cocobellaf I vote for the tortoiseshell pair! I hardly get new glasses (I wear contacts) so I pick ones that I know if I did have to wear them, they'd go with everything. These are what I have now:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @dignity100 - BF & I saw the Lego Movie last weekend - it was SO good. I mean, I'm a sucker for kids movies anyway, but I seriously laughed my ass off at this one. And just so you're prepared, you'll be singing "Everything is awesomeeee!!" for days. 

I actually don't have to work on a Friday night for the first time in months! I'm not sure what I'm going to do instead! 

Tomorrow I DO have to work - my first men's lacrosse game of the season. I'm excited - I LOVEEE lacrosse. But, luckily, it's during the day, so maybe BF & I can have a date night or something.

Sunday, I'll probably do some cleaning/organizing, and relaxing. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I currently have these:  LINK  I do wear them with everything, but they are the only pair I have that has a somewhat-current prescription.  I'm so ready for a change!
  • @buddysmom80 hopefully things go well with the florist. 

Tonight I have another show, I have some friends and my parents are coming.  Tomorrow afternoon I'll spend relaxing and doing some cleaning around the house.  I have another show at night and then the cast party afterwards.  Then that show is over, yay! I did have fun performing last night the show went great. 

Sunday morning I have my hair and make up trial I'm really really excited for it.  I hope they work out because I don't want to find another person.  I have rehearsal on Sunday and then I can relax at home with FI for Walking Dead.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 Please share pictures from your trial if you like the outcome!!

• Happy Friday, ladies!

After work, I think I'm going to get a manicure. H has a doctor's appointment which is right next door to my nail salon and up the street from my office so that'll work out well. 

Tomorrow, my cousin wants me to go out for pre-St. Patty's Day festivities in Hoboken (basically an all-day drinkfest) but I'm still not ready to be near alcohol after last weekend. I feel bad because I haven't seen her in a while but I'm trying to listen to my body and be responsible. Tomorrow night is H's friend's surprise birthday party. It doesn't start until 9 which is SO late for me so I'm not looking forward to it. 

Sunday, H and I have a Devils game in the afternoon. It's also supposed to start snowing and not stop until Tuesday. Apparently we're getting 8+ inches. Have I told you guys how sick I am of winter yet?

• @swazzle so sick of this weather, I'm hearing 6-12 inches and I'm hoping this is wrong

Anniversary

• I have a dozen mini cheesecakes baking in the oven, which I'm going to top with salted caramel sauce later for a little dinner party we're going to tonight at a friend's apartment in the city. I'm hoping we go out to a bar or something after dinner. 

Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'm going to drive out to Long Island to spend the day with my mom and my sister. My sister has been begging me to come out for the day for a few weeks now, and I think it will be a nice, relaxing day, so I decided to give in to her this weekend!

The rest of the weekend will be laundry, cleaning, food shopping, and watching Game of Thrones with FI :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm inviting myself to your dinner party, @hummingbird125.
  • OMG @hummingbird125 - please share some delicious cheesecake!! Also, now I want cheesecake and WILL buy one tonight. I'm not attempting to make one again.

This weekend is still up in the air for us. I'm not sure if my DD's are going to their dad's, and if they are, how long they will be there. Tomorrow I have to show a few houses, and possibly co-host an open house. Sunday we ARE going to church. We've missed two weeks of going because of work, and while I enjoy attending services in my PJs (LiveStream), I love seeing members of the congregation. Not to mention our stop for breakfast afterward :-)

• Forgot the Oscars were this Sunday.  H and I will be watching that, I'm sure.  :)
  • update:  with insurance, the tortoiseshell glasses will be $35.  the leopard ones would be $100.  hmmmmmm, hopefully the tortoiseshell ones look amazing!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards