Destination Weddings Discussions

Best time to visit Playa Del Carmen/Riviera Maya??

Hello ladies!

We have chosen our resort in Playa Del Carmen and are now debating when we should set our wedding date. We are debating between September and October. It is obviously cheaper for our guests to travel in September but we are worried about a lot of rain, humidity and bugs. October should be a little drier and less chance of being rained out/hurricanes. I have been to Mexico but only in March/April time frame.

Any thoughts on Playa Del Carmen in the fall??

Re: Best time to visit Playa Del Carmen/Riviera Maya??

• My aunt and uncle travel down there a ton and went the september before last. Weather was gorgeous the ten days they were there. We're getting married there this September and I'm praying it's gorgeous then too! We are purchasing travel and wedding insurance just in case of a worst case scenario type thing happening but we're psyched! 
  • Good to know!! Where did you get the wedding insurance? We know about travel insurance but were curious about how to cover the wedding. Any info would help!!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • Oh and are you going In early or late sept??
  • @Latillo, we're going smack dab in the middle! The 10th thru the 21st! We priced wedding insurance through a couple companies and found excellent policies that fit our needs from both wedsafe.com and wedsure.com. We weren't looking for a liability policy, only one that covered cancellation (in case of a hurricane) and things associated like attire, etc. Google wedding insurance, tons will pop up or check out those two sites! Good luck and congrats too!
  • @Latillo - We're also getting married there at the beginning of September. We've been considering the same uncertainties about the weather too. In the end, we just figured that no matter what time of year it is, or what season, there could be bad weather no matter what. We were actually in Playa during January (supposedly one of the best times) and we had terrible weather for about a week! I've heard the same comments that September is actually really great, so let's hope that holds true! Best of luck with your wedding! 
  • Thanks Ladies!! I think we are going to settle for Labor Day weekend of 2015 and just hope for the best! My best friend and MOH is pregnant and due September 19th so she is worried about us having the wedding on the baby's first birthday, OY! the joys of planning a wedding :)

Good luck on your weddings and weather girls!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards