September 2014 Weddings

Check out my bouts!

Boutonnieres, done! :-D Faux flowers from afloral.com, a little wire, a little floral tape. Ivory one for the best man, peachy pink for the other groomsmen, just ranunculus with no berries for FI (at his request). They were super easy and I'm stoked with how they turned out!

Re: Check out my bouts!

• that's awesome, I don't want to buy real flowers but I feel like mine would come out like shit if I tried to make them. I'm a math person not a craft person :( Someone prob sells fake ones on Etsy though..

• @jenna8984 They do, but they were between $15-25 each for the ones I liked - way more money than I wanted to spend. I spent about $40 total and will be able to make all 11 that I need.

• Great job!  I wish I had the talent but I don't have a creative bone in my body.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Look great!!!
  • Yea I just looked on Etsy and realized how expensive they were...my friend is getting real ones from her florist for $10 each so I'm giving them a call!

• They look great! Good job on the diy job.
  • Thanks everybody! Those who think you can't do it should get some cheap-o stems from Michael's and try it out. It's easier than you think, and you might surprise yourself with how well they turn out! Most tedious part was wiring the stems so the flowers didn't pop their little heads off... tute on the "pierce method" here. I pre-poked a hole through the little plastic base of the flower head before I stuck the wire through, then wrapped it around the plastic stem and wrapped it all up in brown floral tape. The wire lets you bend them whichever way you want them to face, bundle your little bunch together, and tape the whole thing up! http://www.save-on-crafts.com/lenstemtec.html 

• They turned out fantastic! I'm waiting for the quote back from the florist to decide whether or not i want to do fake flowers. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm doing real for the bouquets and centerpieces, only fake for the bouts. Nobody's going to be looking that closely at them to care whether they're real or not.

• Great job! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards