Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/UOs/I Judge/Complaints/Etc

124»

Re: Confessions/UOs/I Judge/Complaints/Etc

• Complaint: I hate putting together my CV, it makes me feel like I've accomplished nothing!

• @Blue & White you have a very good point.  I guess I was just frustrated, especially since I am one of the few odd ones out who didn't go to high school with the bride.  And I am the only one who is salaried and works 12-15 hour days at a time sometimes (when my project isn't delayed...).  The majority of the others are in school still or work at part time retail jobs, and the MOH has a regular 9-5 hourly type job.  Actually, that's what upsets my friend the most; that I am the busiest out of all of them, live the furthest away, and can still make time to at least text her and ask her how she is doing.

Anyways, thank you all. I needed to vent because I find the behaivor of the MOH toward the bride so disrespectful.

• Confession:  I read through this very quickly so didn't pay as much attention as I should have.

Complaint:  It's 8:30 - I need to be here (work) until like 3:30 and I've clocked in over 48 hours for the week already.

Confession:  This week I miss reading all the posts on NEY and having to work lots

Anniversary
  • Complaint: Every time I mention something that my boss should already know, she says "I wasn't on that email" even though she definitely was. When I point this out she says, "well I have 546841618616463 unread emails." Like it's someone else's fault she can't keep up with her email. I love her to death, and she was great at her previous position in our company, but she is just really not good at being a supervisor.

Done complaining now. I love having a thread to vent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• phira said:
    @hummingbird125 That's really weird. B'nai mitzvahs are on Saturdays. Why would you need to leave school early on a Friday? Weird!

*Stuck in the box: I found out that the party is tomorrow, but her dad is driving her up tonight and she'll be sleeping over her friend's house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Complaint: Vaguebooking. Seriously. Need I say more? 

Complaint: Stupid people (some I'm related to - by marriage), posting that KFC article. Seriously, that crap has been circulating for YEARS. Stop spreading it! Better yet, before you post something like that, DO YOUR RESEARCH! 

• @ollie08 one of my BMs is the QUEEN of vaguebooking. She'll post a status and then all the comments are "what happened???" oh ffs, it happens every day, who cares?????

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Confession: I just googled Vaguebooking and I must say Urban dictionary gave a definition that defined about 25% of my facebook friends...ugh!
  • Confession: I vaguebooked once. I was sad, wanted to share it, but didn't want to share that my grandpa was dying and my cat was in questionable health at the same time. I felt overwhelmed and probably didn't handle it the best way.
  • @hummingbird125 Ah. I guess if it's a really long drive, it needs to happen tonight (since the service will be tomorrow morning).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • This was my SIL's vaguebooking today. It was not too long after I posted the Snopes article on her link about the mutant KFC chickens. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Need to add...

I JUDGE my friend who is throwing a mini dinner party at her apartment tonight. It will be her and her boyfriend, one other couple, and me and FI. A few days ago she asked if there was anything I wouldn't eat, and I told her I just hate mushrooms - I didn't give her any other restrictions than that. I asked her what she was making, and she told me she was making some kind of pasta with sausage and mushrooms. Why bother asking if you're going to ignore?

Whatevs. I'll just pick at it and save room for EXTRA dessert.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 that sucks, and I am glad I am not friends with your friend, because she would probably kill me (mushroom allergy!).  I feel your pain though, because I think half the time people don't realize how severely allergic I am. "You have an allergy, oh well you can just pick around them right?" NO. I. CAN'T.

Hopefully the dessert is awesome then!

• @aurorarose41, I can't believe people sometimes! I have a life-threatening allergy to tree nuts, and no one has ever asked me to eat around them. Allergy =/= being picky.
  • @CLoGreenEyes (awesome name btw!), I think it's because people tend to understand the severity of nut allergies more. Whereas with a semi uncommon allergy, sometimes people just think "Oh she's lying just because she doesn't like them." I was actually on a date with an ex one time, at a very fancy restaurant, and he told the waitress about my allergy. So what does she do? Serve the appetizer with mushrooms anyways, because she still thought he might want them, and I could eat around them (the appetizer said "mixed vegetables"). I was livid.

I have no idea why people don't understand that one type of food allergy isn't any more severe than another!

• @aurorarose41, that's so crazy! Yeah, I would think that the word "allergy" would signal, "Don't put that in my food." I will never understand that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards