Georgia-Atlanta

Are There Any Intimate/Small Wedding Ceremony/Reception Locations?????? (Atlanta Area)

PattyJuan77PattyJuan77 member
First Comment
edited January 2014 in Georgia-Atlanta
I am just starting my venue search and it has been disappointing turn after turn. We cannot find anyone who will host our small wedding of 30 guests. We want the experience of a beautiful candlelit chapel and a sit down dinner (provided that's all we want. This will be a non-traditional wedding). Everyone that we have contacted has a min requirement of 75 people at least or they offer an elopement package for 4 ppl but nothing in between :(  Please tell me there is some beautiful location that is willing to accommodate me and my wedding needs???????

Re: Are There Any Intimate/Small Wedding Ceremony/Reception Locations?????? (Atlanta Area)

• Try the dockside at Piedmont Park, they will work out a deal if it is a small group. I believe it may around 1800 for the ceremony outside and use the dockside house, and they have chairs for up to 40 people. You would have to use one of their preferred caterers, but some of them are pretty reasonably priced.
  • Try The Chimney's at Big Canoe in Jasper. It's about an hour or so north of Atlanta. I went to a wedding there this past November and it was beautiful.

• The Atlanta Botanical Gardens has several wedding venue options and a bunch of them are for very small groups of people. Their brochure with pricing is available online. My FI went to a wedding there a few years ago and said it was beautiful!

• Thanks for the suggestions everyone! This helps a ton
  • I'm not sure what your budget is, but two places come to mind. The Little Chapel at Glenn United Methodist church is pretty, and there are nice restaurants around the Emory/Druid Hills/Decatur/Midtown area that offer private dining for a group. Canoe in Vinings has a beautiful garden for a ceremony location, plus a very nice private dining room as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you! Canoe is a name that a I keep hearing good things about
  • Not sure if Carrollton is too far out of Atlanta for your needs but there is a small chapel (and I mean small!) on the University of West Georgia campus called the Kennedy Chapel. I am having my wedding reception at the train depot in Carrollton as well which is very affordable. It's $1500 for 8 hours and they supply the tables and chairs. Super friendly people as well.
  • Carrollton isn't too far at all. Thanks for the suggestion :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards