Nevada-Las Vegas

Meet & Greet Wording

Hey All,

We are doing the double decker bus meet & greet the night before the wedding. The bus is picking us up at the Cosmo, so my plan is to have everyone meet at one of the bars beforehand.  I want to send out  "Welcome to Las Vegas" postcards to everyone with the M&G info but have no clue how to word it without it sounding weird ("Please join us for a DD bus tour around LV" sounds strange to me, IDK).  Any suggestions?

Re: Meet & Greet Wording

• Maybe start the with that sentence and something about the highlights of the tour, and then end with something personal like "Come join in on the pre-wedding fun!"

So, for example:

Please join us on a DD bust tour around LV on _____, 2012.  We'll stop at all The Strip hotspots like ________.  Come join in on the pre-wedding fun!
  • Um, I mean "DD bus" tour.  A "DD bust tour" is more of something they'll do at the bachelor party.  :)
  • We are just including an event timeline insert in our wedding invitations listing times and places people can be if they would like to join in. I personally wouldn't send it's own invite because the tour is a flat rate and you can have 70+ people so whoever feels compelled to come can do so without feeling pressured. Also, why waste extra postage?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    62 have been invited image
    35 will be the in body image
    27 will be there in spirit image
    RSVP Date: May 26th, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_meet-greet-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:8979a1f8-5909-4fe9-b0f7-f7c00666080aPost:560b8f7e-ed79-49a8-8e98-1881cb70a7ea">Re: Meet & Greet Wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are just including an event timeline insert in our wedding invitations listing times and places people can be if they would like to join in. I personally wouldn't send it's own invite because the tour is a flat rate and you can have 70+ people so whoever feels compelled to come can do so without feeling pressured. Also, why waste extra postage?
    Posted by BrittneyKellar[/QUOTE]

This too.  :)
  • thatxogirlthatxogirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_meet-greet-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:8979a1f8-5909-4fe9-b0f7-f7c00666080aPost:560b8f7e-ed79-49a8-8e98-1881cb70a7ea">Re: Meet & Greet Wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are just including an event timeline insert in our wedding invitations listing times and places people can be if they would like to join in. I personally wouldn't send it's own invite because the tour is a flat rate and you can have 70+ people so whoever feels compelled to come can do so without feeling pressured. Also, why waste extra postage?
    Posted by BrittneyKellar[/QUOTE]

Because invitations were already printed before we decided to book the bus. I  didn't want to include it with the formal invitations because obviously not everyone is coming to Vegas. An extra $10 in postage isn't going to break the bank, and I'd rather avoid the headache of trying to spread the information via word of mouth.
  • edited February 2012
    How about just putting it on your wedding website?

ETA:  If you've already printed your invitations - you could print a business card directing people to your website for travel, accomodations, and wedding weekend events or something like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards