June 2014 Weddings
Options

FI's tux today

He wants to purchase rather than rent, so today is the big day!  Tux shopping. 
He is absolutely giddy which is frickin adorable.  I think he wants to be James Bond.
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FI's tux today

• Options
    What did he pick out?

Anniversary

• Options
    Well, they didn't have what he wanted in stock, so he tried on a few and the store ordered a few more samples for him for next week.  He is very, very particular.  

One thing came up, he wants a white (whitey-white) shirt and I have an ivory (almost champagne) gown.  I don't thing it will be an issue since not much of the shirt shows.  But should his groomsmen then also get white shirts or should they get to match everything else? Hmmm.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress is very ivory.  We ordered the groom and the groomsmen shirts in ivory.  It may not matter too much but we wanted the consistency of the color, and didn't want anything to make my dress look dull somehow.

Anniversary

• Options
    I have an ivory and champagne dress, but my FI and the groomsmen are having white shirts (but an ivory tie for FI), because the ivory shirt looked too dingy.

• Options
    Well FI bought his tux tonight--Yay!  He is getting a white shirt, and think it will just be fine.  That is what he wanted, and I am certainly not going to tell him how to dress :-)

He is also buying all the groomsmen tuxes.  Turns out, it is slightly cheaper than renting them. About $120 each tux, but the men will need to supply their own shoes.  The guys will have to take care of their own alternations if needed.

We still need a mini tux/suit for the ring bearer.  He is 2.5 yrs old. Any ideas where to buy one that isn't outrageously expensive?  
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wabanzi said:

We still need a mini tux/suit for the ring bearer.  He is 2.5 yrs old. Any ideas where to buy one that isn't outrageously expensive?  
    Shop department stores. We got our ring bearer outfit on sale at Sears during black friday. He just turned 2 in Feb. Though, we got him a size 4 since he already wears size 3. We got ours for like $8 and it works perfectly with our wedding colors.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards