Wedding Etiquette Forum

I made you proud last night...

Knotties of the etiquette kind - you would have been proud last night. I e-mailed a friend from my old job recently to ask her her address along with the proper spelling of her boyfriends name. Ends up we haven't seen each other in a few months and said boyfriend is out of the picture. On the other hand - she is now dating someone else who works at the same company as her (so I know him from my time there.) 

We elect to get dinner and catch up. She tells me the story of her breakup and the way she and new guy ended up getting together. They've only been together since November - but things are great and going fast and furious - which she is not one to do. At one point in the night she asks "am I going to be lucky enough to get a plus one so that I can bring Zac?" I politely explained to her that he's her boyfriend - that's not a plus one -his name will be on her invite (and that's why I had asked about name of last boyfriend). This huge smile spread across her face - "This will be the first thing addressed to us as a couple - I can't wait to get my Save The Date!"

I felt a smile coming from this forum...

Re: I made you proud last night...

• score one for the good guys!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nicely done!

See how easy it is lurkers!
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • I got this huuuge smile when I received a wedding invitation from a good friend of mine that addressed both me and FI. It's so thoughtful and seems genuine. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Yea, STDs went out (Brooklyn nine-nine was funny about that this week) and my friend texted me yesterday super excited and awed that I put her BF by name on it.  She said she was surprised since I've never met him (they are long distance), but of course I would want to invite him. He is special to her and she should celebrate me and FIs love with her special someone. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm sentimental and keep a small memory chest of items that have significance to my hubby and me.  One item in the chest is the envelope of the very first invitation we received as a couple.  It made me so happy seeing both of our names in print, together.  So I can relate to your friend OP.  Good job! :)
  • One of FI's coworkers (he's a bit older than us) is dating a lovely woman. We've never met her, but I was sure to get the proper spelling of her name so I could include it on the STD. I heard a few days later how happy and excited she was that her name was on the envelope. They don't live together, so this really made her feel like we respect their relationship - which we do. It took all of 30 seconds for FI to ask for the name, but the obvious joy it gave the recipient would have been worth it even if it had taken more time/effort.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Score one for the good guys!!

I also keep a memory chest of things relating to me and DH, and one of our items is the first-ever STDate we got address to us as a couple. :)
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • My SO and I get invitations from his family to their parties address to both of us... the first time we got one (to his niece's birthday party), it made me feel so special even after a year and a half of dating that we were addressed together. 
  • Yea, STDs went out (Brooklyn nine-nine was funny about that this week) and my friend texted me yesterday super excited and awed that I put her BF by name on it.  She said she was surprised since I've never met him (they are long distance), but of course I would want to invite him. He is special to her and she should celebrate me and FIs love with her special someone. 
    I just saw that episode and my first thought was, "Did the writers read TK?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

I just saw that episode and my first thought was, "Did the writers read TK?"
    My dad texted me and said "I can't believe you didn't do that.  You only have one shot in your life to do that and you failed" haha. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For those of us who don't watch 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' what happened?? It sounds funny, so please to share!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • For those of us who don't watch 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' what happened?? It sounds funny, so please to share!
    let me find the clip

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    let me find the clip
    HisGirlFriday13
    So it is actually the first scene. So get through the commercial and then just watch until the intro begins (should be pretty obvious) (Link to hulu) Though they use STD wrong. It is actually an invite because he requires an RSVP, but ignoring that, the scene is funny

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for the support!

let me find the clip
    HisGirlFriday13
    So it is actually the first scene. So get through the commercial and then just watch until the intro begins (should be pretty obvious) (Link to hulu) Though they use STD wrong. It is actually an invite because he requires an RSVP, but ignoring that, the scene is funny
    BWAHAHA.  I think someone there reads TK...or at least knows someone who does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards