Chit Chat

Happy Friday

pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
Friday is finally here!!! I am having so much trouble focusing at work today. I'm just waiting until 3 so that I can go for a run at the gym, and then the countdown till 5:20 begins! Tonight FI and I are going on a double date with our friend, (the friend whose wedding is the week after ours) and his FI. Afterwards, we are going  downtown to my friends surprise 30th birthday party. It is at some place called the Fat Buddha, in case anyone from around the area knows anything about this bar? 

That is my Friday, and the day cannot end soon enough. And can I just say that I am SUPER excited that Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend?!?!?!?! FINALLY!!!!!!! Sunshine and long days are back!!!!!!

What are your plans this weekend?

Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Happy Friday

• Yayyyy daylight savings time!!!  I didn't realize it was this weekend, yippee!  I know the day won't actually have more sun, but I'm so excited for more afternoon sun.

I'm not up to much.  I don't have class today.  Went shopping this morning with my sister for interview clothes, and she's at her interview now.  She's staying with us for a while because the heat in her apartment doesn't work (she's cramping our sex life... a lot... but I love her so it's okay).

The maintenance guy fixed a bunch of stuff in my apartment this morning, too.  Now I'm straightening up while waiting for our grocery delivery.  At some point today I have about 4 hours of school work to do.  Then tonight Fi and I are meeting with a personal trainer at the gym to decide if we want to hire them/ set up a schedule or not.  He's been really good on our diet so far but he's still afraid of the gym, so we're trying to tackle the exercise now.

Tomorrow we are going to something called ShakesBEER way downtown, near South Street Seaport.  Shakespeare themed bar crawl.  I think one of my fellow English teacher friends and her H are coming.  I'm so excited for beer and the bard!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I'm going shopping over the river tomorrow! ("Over the river" being a colloquial term meaning, "to the States/NY")

I was originally supposed to go with a gf, but she had to bail. Soooo, FI is coming instead, and then my mum wanted to tag along to find a MOB dress, and then FI roped my dad into coming because "I don't want to be dragged into a bunch of stores with two women", to which my dad initially said, "Suck it up, Princess. Welcome to the rest of your life." He then agreed to come haha

Sunday will be a cleaning day, and I'm going to throw a lamb leg in the slow cooker :D

I have Monday off to renew my passport. Joy. I've discovered that it expires on the last day of our honeymoon, and that's not gonna work out so well. Therefore, I get to renew it now under my maiden name, and then pay again for a new one when I legally change my name (because I'm not about to keep my maiden name for FIVE YEARS until this new passport expires). Ugh.

• I have to wait until March 30 for Daylight savings! So, winter hours for me for another few weeks (although it is 7pm at the moment, and still not dark out so I really can't complain).

FI comes home from a business trip tomorrow afternoon, so that means tonight I will probably work late tonight and chain watch bad TV with a frozen pizza and a bottle of wine so that tomorrow we can enjoy a bit each other's company without me stressing about working (lots of deadlines in the next few weeks :S)

Besides that, I don't have any real plans this weekend, but lately I have been having a strong craving to go dancing! Let's see if that happens ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yayyyy daylight savings time!!!  I didn't realize it was this weekend, yippee!  I know the day won't actually have more sun, but I'm so excited for more afternoon sun.

I'm not up to much.  I don't have class today.  Went shopping this morning with my sister for interview clothes, and she's at her interview now.  She's staying with us for a while because the heat in her apartment doesn't work (she's cramping our sex life... a lot... but I love her so it's okay).

The maintenance guy fixed a bunch of stuff in my apartment this morning, too.  Now I'm straightening up while waiting for our grocery delivery.  At some point today I have about 4 hours of school work to do.  Then tonight Fi and I are meeting with a personal trainer at the gym to decide if we want to hire them/ set up a schedule or not.  He's been really good on our diet so far but he's still afraid of the gym, so we're trying to tackle the exercise now.

Tomorrow we are going to something called ShakesBEER way downtown, near South Street Seaport.  Shakespeare themed bar crawl.  I think one of my fellow English teacher friends and her H are coming.  I'm so excited for beer and the bard!
    Oh no! This made me crack up. How long is she staying for? Good luck to your Sis on her interview!! 

If your FI is afraid of the gym right now, I think a personal trainer would be a great way to go. That way they can help him become more comfortable and they can establish a routine that will work for him. My friend was working with a personal trainer and he loved it. I am so excited, I FINALLY lost 10 pounds as of this week! This is the longest it has taken me to lose weight, and I am finally comfortable running again. Now I am really motivated to continue on my fitness goals because I am finally seeing  results. Although, I was naughty at lunch yesterday. My manager took the team out for lunch and we went to Dos Camino's. Of course I had to get the big juicy burger with fries smothered in cheese and some funky delicious sauce. Sigh.

ShakesBEER sounds awesome!! I love bar crawls down in the seaport area, they are so much fun! I went to a bar crawl down there a few years ago and had a blast!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• This morning, I met with the RCIA coordinator at my new church to plan my confirmation (I'm going to start RCIA after we come back from our honeymoon).  Now I'm home and cleaning up our house because it is an absolute mess.  My dog injured her neck a few weeks ago and cannot play or jump or anything.  We've spent so much time focusing on keeping her safe and relaxed, that we've been letting everything else pile up.  Laundry and dishes currently running, I just paid my bills, and now it's time to clean the living/ dining room.  And watching marriage boot camp for my daily dose of crazy.  

Also Pumpkins I believe after you renew your passport you have a certain amount of time to change your name without having to pay for a renewal.  I don't have a passport, but I need one for our HM.  FMIL and I were talking about how I'd have to change my name afterwards and I'm pretty sure you can change it without a fee as long as its within that time (it was either 6 months or a year I think?).

• @hoppersgirl25 -- Thanks for the passport advice, but I'm in Canada, so it's a whooooole different process here. I'm going to have to speak with them when I go in on Monday and see what my options are.

• @pumpkinsandturkeys - your Dad is too cute! I am FB friends with one of my Dad's friends. A few weeks ago he checked in at a mall with his wife and 17 year old daughter. This was around noon on a Friday. When I got home that night he was STILL in the mall (this was around 7PM). He has posted a status update saying he was still stuck shopping with his wife and daughter. Haha. Ummm save me some leg of lamb, I LOVE lamb. I'm getting hungry now....

loro929 - Where are you located? At least it is still not dark yet! Right now in NY it starts getting dark around 6. At least when I leave work I have light. I hate leaving work in complete darkness. 

hoppersgirl25 - I'm sorry to hear about your dog! I hope she recovers soon! She probably wants to get back out there to running and playing. You reminded me that I should actually pay off a few bills. Today is payday so I always try to pay off bills on the Friday. If not I will procrastinate and then eventually forget to do so. I am the worst sometimes.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Yayyyy daylight savings time!!!  I didn't realize it was this weekend, yippee!  I know the day won't actually have more sun, but I'm so excited for more afternoon sun.

Oh no! This made me crack up. How long is she staying for? Good luck to your Sis on her interview!! 

If your FI is afraid of the gym right now, I think a personal trainer would be a great way to go. That way they can help him become more comfortable and they can establish a routine that will work for him. My friend was working with a personal trainer and he loved it. I am so excited, I FINALLY lost 10 pounds as of this week! This is the longest it has taken me to lose weight, and I am finally comfortable running again. Now I am really motivated to continue on my fitness goals because I am finally seeing  results. Although, I was naughty at lunch yesterday. My manager took the team out for lunch and we went to Dos Camino's. Of course I had to get the big juicy burger with fries smothered in cheese and some funky delicious sauce. Sigh.

ShakesBEER sounds awesome!! I love bar crawls down in the seaport area, they are so much fun! I went to a bar crawl down there a few years ago and had a blast!
    I have high hopes for the personal trainer.  We can't afford to do it often, but at least one session to get him a routine he can follow would be a big help.  Meanwhile I hurt my hip yesterday running (I think it was cold and I didn't warm up enough) so I'm going to be hobbling around at the gym!

We really don't know how long sis is staying.  She is only just moving into this apt, and the heat doesn't work, so ideally she is going to be able to break the lease and she and her roommate can just move right out.  But if that happens, she will just float between my place and my dad's place.  So it might be awhile.  Hopefully she'll go out with her friends this weekend and we can get some "alone time" then!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pinkcow13 said:
    @pumpkinsandturkeys - your Dad is too cute! I am FB friends with one of my Dad's friends. A few weeks ago he checked in at a mall with his wife and 17 year old daughter. This was around noon on a Friday. When I got home that night he was STILL in the mall (this was around 7PM). He has posted a status update saying he was still stuck shopping with his wife and daughter. Haha. Ummm save me some leg of lamb, I LOVE lamb. I'm getting hungry now....

loro929 - Where are you located? At least it is still not dark yet! Right now in NY it starts getting dark around 6. At least when I leave work I have light. I hate leaving work in complete darkness. 

hoppersgirl25 - I'm sorry to hear about your dog! I hope she recovers soon! She probably wants to get back out there to running and playing. You reminded me that I should actually pay off a few bills. Today is payday so I always try to pay off bills on the Friday. If not I will procrastinate and then eventually forget to do so. I am the worst sometimes.

@pinkcow13 -- Come for dinner any time you're in the area! ;)  My dad once had to go prom dress shopping with me, my mum, and a close female family friend we've adopted as an 'aunt.' We got to the border and the guard asked why we were coming into the US; my dad let out a big sigh and said, "Shopping." The guard peeked in the back and said, "Just you and three women? Good luck, buddy" and waved us through.

• @pumpkinsandturkeys Hopefully they'll be understanding with you and do something similar in Canada as they do here!  I would hate to pay for it now only to have to pay again a couple months later just because of one day.

@pinkcow13 My dog is now acting fine, but she definitely wants to play all the time.  She still sneaks in a few jumps on the couch when we aren't looking and she's been really trying, and thankfully failing, to get past our little barricade to the stairs (doc said no stairs/ playing/ all that for 4-6 weeks).  FI is actually the reason she's hurt and he feels so terrible about it.  She was jumping to greet him when he got home from work and when he pushed her away from him, she landed weird, slipped, and fell onto her right shoulder.  That was a terrible night for all of us, but thankfully she's pretty far into recovering now!  But anyway, yay pay day!

• loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    pinkcow13 said:

@pinkcow13 I am in Spain. Yes, I know, it really feels like the day is cut short (especially when you leave in the morning in the dark and return at night in the dark). But, these few weeks there is only a 5-hour difference between here and the east coast (my parents are located in NJ), so it makes it easier to arrange Skype chats with them (have to keep this in mind when I make Skype vendor appts. until 30 March).

Today was a beautiful day sunny and 65. On way my way to work there was a woman selling flowers and they made me smile so I bought some (mimosa) to put on my desk at work, yay! Plus, my wedding flowers will be yellow, and to me yellow is such a happy cheerful color so they made the end of the week much better than how it began with grumpy co-workers.

(tried to insert a photo but its sideways :s)

@pumpkinsandturkeys slow-cooked lamb must be scrumptious. I don't have a slow-cooker and I always get so jealous when I hear delicious meals that come out of them. Doyou have any special recipe that could potentially be replicated in an oven :P

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    edited March 2014
    @pumpkinsandturkeys - OMG that is hilarious! My FI HATES going shopping with me. I never make him come with me, but there are times when it does happen. And I am not even that bad!! I swear ;)
    loro929 - Now I remember your earlier post where you mentioned you were in Spain! Sunny and 65 sounds like the perfect day - and I love your flowers, very spring like.  I currently have a cactus plant up on my desk at work because I love cactii :)
    hoppersgirl25 - aww! I can imagine how your FI feels :( She should be up and running in no time, then! This past weekend I accidentally stepped on my cats tail and he let out a blood curdling yelp and then ran away from me, I felt horrible! He was fine, he was just being dramatic. I still felt really paranoid and I was afraid I broke his tail or something.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• FI is still working on redoing the kitchen cabinets yay new refinished cabinets.  We also need to continue the hunt for wedding bands (mostly for me) we also need to get to church.  I am looking forward to just relaxing a lot too.

Anniversary

• @pinkcow13 -- I don't think I'm that bad, either! And he always drags me along on his shopping trips, so... :)

@loro929 -- I'll PM you later this weekend when I dig out my recipe :)

• I took Monday off from work since I have 3 vacation days to use before 4/1 or else I lose them (already have 2 scheduled for the end of this month). I sort of want to go looking at qipaos in Chinatown but have no interest in seeing if my mother wants to come (still haven't spoken to her in over a month and likely won't until she grows the fuck up) and everyone else has to work. I'd go alone except Chinatown means lots of food... and they look at me funny when I order so much just for myself! lol Anyone want to walk around behind Canal Street with me on Monday? I'll buy lunch! lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @pumpkinsandturkeys yay! Looking forward to it :)

@CookiePusher I would have totally taken you up for that offer, if not for the ocean between us. I love me a good Chinese food lunch/dinner! Have an extra won-ton for me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929 said:
    @pumpkinsandturkeys yay! Looking forward to it :)

@CookiePusher I would have totally taken you up for that offer, if not for the ocean between us. I love me a good Chinese food lunch/dinner! Have an extra won-ton for me :)

Are you kidding? I'll have an extra dozen for you! Last time I went to Chinatown with my sister, we went to a noodle place and I got a large order of wonton noodle soup while my sis got roast pork over rice. I ate all of my food, half of hers, then stopped at a bakery and got a loaf of raisin bread. I <3 food!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Okay ladies, quick update:
    I am A. home from work; B. wine glass filled with a delicious white in hand; C. pizza in oven; D. It's the weekend!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited March 2014
    loro929 - I'm so jealous! It is 4:42 right now, and I am just counting down the time. I can't wait to get the weekend started!! Enjoy the wine and pizza (best combination in the world btw!). I'm hoping FI can get out of work earlier so that we can go have a drink before we meet our friends at 6:30.

Peaseblossom55 - Yay to new cabinets! Our cabinets are so old and crusty lol. The entire kitchen needs re-doing.

@cookiepusher - I totally would take you up on that if I didn't have to run all week. Next week is crunch week, the half marathon is next sunday! After that though, I can relax on the running and go back to regular boxing, or running less days.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• no fair loro929 I still have 4 more hours to go here!

Anniversary
  • d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Happy Friday!!! I was not at work yesterday, and I have been so busy all day today, not even time for lunch.

I am so excited for day light savings!!! Im sure my dog is excited too! :D
  • Food tasting tomorrow, yay!
    Anniversary
  • erinlin25 said:
    no fair loro929 I still have 4 more hours to go here!
    now its only 3.5! There is a light at the end of the tunnel :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just came back from the gym and poor Fi almost passed out.  The trainer actually had to give him a banana.  I don't think we can afford personal training for both of us, but I think we really NEED to do it for him.

Steak has been marinating all afternoon, I just need to throw it on the grill pan and whip together a salad.  Then.... this is our last week before vacation!  We fly out on Friday!  One week to go until some SUNSHINE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Two days of 10 hour shifts.
  • I started the weekend off by sleeping on the couch for 15 hours. Yep, I'm super exciting! I've been doing so much physical labor at work (my boss jokingly told our parent company that he changed my job description to include furniture assembly) and trying to fight whatever cold FI has been trying to give me. Now we're just doing chores and stuff until we have to leave for a fancy dinner at a military base tonight. Yay weekend!
    ~*~*~*~*~

edited March 2014
    @JCBride2012 - Oh no! How is FI feeling today? Beginning any sort of workout routine is tough. I hope he does not feel discouraged about it all. You must be really excited that you have less than week left to go! I wish we were getting away, I could really use a tan these days, and some beach :)

@cookiepusher - Sounds like a fabulous dinner you guys are going to later on tonight! Have fun ! (15 hours of sleep on the couch is my idea of a perfect Sunday if you ask me lol).

Our dinner with our friends last night was really nice. We went to this fancy cozy italian restaurant for Restaurant Week, and the food was delicious. Afterwards we went to my friends surprise party, and his 72 year old Dad was out at the bar with us! That was awesome. He was so cute too, he came in his suit and tie, very handsome! It was a great night. Right now I'm waiting for FI to get ready so that we can go to the bakery downstairs for some breakfast panini's (Yea we are late birdies on the weekend). Other than that, I think today I will go on my run and then it looks like a quiet night in. I actually got some bakeware from groupon, it finally came yesterday, so now I have an urge to bake!  So maybe I'll whip something up later.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 - Dinner is going to be awesome! FI belongs to a military vehicle collectors group, and they do a nice banquet every year at Picatinny. We run a big collection for Toys for Tots every year (3 days of running a train through norther NJ/Orange County, NY and 1 day of collections at a business nearby), so the Marines that coordinate Toys for Tots here come along also. People get plaques and awards for their volunteer work and stuff, so people feel really appreciated.

And when you're done training, I'm so taking you to Chinatown and stuffing you full of tasty foods. Because I show my love and appreciation with food. Massive quantities of it. :D
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @cookiepusher - that sounds really awesome!And it's really great that you guys do Toys for Tots. My company is huge on volunteering and giving back. This month is our huge giving back month and there are events all over the company. We used to do our campaign with United Way, but now each department can choose an organization and through fundraising events donate to that organization. I know that Toys for Tots is one of them. We can also do payroll deductions and choose where the money goes to. I signed up for that last week and I am sending my money to the rescue group where I got my kitties from :)

I just came back from running 10 miles and I am exhausted. I'm sure I will be even more exhausted after the half marathon, so I am sooooo down for tasty foods! I have been wanting to go Chinatown for a while now. My Dad works around there and he used to get this awesome green tea. I remember it was in a tin and it was the pure leaves. He used to make this yummy iced tea with it, and I used to drink green tea instead of coffee. I want to get back to that so I need to get some yummy tea!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• FI and I are pretty big into volunteering. We don't have a ton of expendable income, but we give what we can to the USO, Wounded Warriors, and a couple of other smaller groups. Mostly, we donate our time. FI is very involved with the Boy Scouts, Toys for Tots, and even volunteered at the New York City Marathon this year. It can sometimes be a little draining since we both have full-time jobs, secondary part-time jobs, and run a small company together... but we realize we're so much luckier than a lot of other people and enjoy being able to give back. Our main employers aren't as big into charity (mine is affiliated with government so stays away from anything even remotely political, FI's company is a bunch of cheap bastards), so we do what we can on our own time.

Mmm... green tea. I wish I liked drinking it more, but I do love green tea ice cream! And yes, you have to get to Chinatown. Canal Street is full of jewelry stores and diamond dealers, so lots of fun window shopping! And, of course, tons of cheap but tasty food options!
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards