Moms and Maids

Shower with Honeymoon Registry

I'm attending a shower where the bride only has a honeymoon registry.  That's what she really wants, so I'll get her that, but how do I "give" her that at the shower?  Or should I just contribute to the honeymoon registry ahead of time and not bring anything?

Re: Shower with Honeymoon Registry

• Haha -- thanks @MairePoppy! I'll take the coke, but for what do you owe me said coke?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • It's what you say when someone says the same thing as you, at the same time. Here:

• auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Do you know what kind of honeymoon she is going on? You could take her something for the honeymoon... ski lodge? Giver her a neat scarf. Europe? Give her a cool guide book. Somewhere tropical? Waterproof camera?

Or just pick out a cool present for their house. Are they big wine drinkers? Cool glasses / stoppers / decanters. Picture frames?
    Is she a big baker? Nordic Ware makes the coolest stuff.

Showers are for showering the bride with gifts. On principle I just wouldn't go to one and give someone something off their honeymoon registry. I'd get them a boxed gift or I wouldn't go.

Honeymoon registries are so bleck.
  • aurianna said:
    Do you know what kind of honeymoon she is going on? You could take her something for the honeymoon... ski lodge? Giver her a neat scarf. Europe? Give her a cool guide book. Somewhere tropical? Waterproof camera?

Or just pick out a cool present for their house. Are they big wine drinkers? Cool glasses / stoppers / decanters. Picture frames?
    Is she a big baker? Nordic Ware makes the coolest stuff.

Showers are for showering the bride with gifts. On principle I just wouldn't go to one and give someone something off their honeymoon registry. I'd get them a boxed gift or I wouldn't go.

Honeymoon registries are so bleck.
    I was thinking this exact same thing, @aurianna.  I would find a way to pair a physical gift with their travel plans.  I also think your other ideas are spot on, and I agree with your attendance policy.
  • jillkm said:
    I'm attending a shower where the bride only has a honeymoon registry.  That's what she really wants, so I'll get her that, but how do I "give" her that at the shower?  Or should I just contribute to the honeymoon registry ahead of time and not bring anything?
    As other ladies have said, showers are to shower the bride with physical gifts.  The only time cash is appropriate to shower someone with, is at the strip club.

I would decline this invitation.  If you do attend, I would bring a physical gift to give.  Also, does the bride even know that when you give to honeymoon registries, the company takes a cut?  Instead of Aunt Sally gifting the couple $100, they get a check or $93.75.  And the couple doesn't even have to take that candlelight dinner on the beach Aunt Sally thinks she bought.
  • If it's that kind of shower, I wouldn't bother to go. I would just donate my chunk of cash and get back to my Orange is the New Black marathon. I do not find showers all that fun, so if there's not even going to be the gifting, I'm not going. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'd buy a gift that I thought she'd like. Registries are helpful for guests, but there's not some law that says you have to stick to them. Some of the best gifts we got were not on our registry.
  • I would either not go or get her a gift that can be used during the honeymoon (bathing suit for beach, scarf for skiing, SPF hat or shirt for hiking, etc).  Or if she was going to wine country for example, get her a book about wine, or a travel guide for whatever location she is going to.  Cash gifts for a shower is beyond tacky and i refuse to engage in that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards