July 2014 Weddings

XXP: Glasses, Contacts, or other?

I wear glasses 90% of the time. I do have contacts but usually do not wear them since after a couple hours they start to irritate me. My glasses have transitional lenses so they darken when I am outside. I don't want to wear them on my wedding day because I don't want to look like I am wearing sunglasses while trying to take pictures.

Here are the options I could come up with:
    1. Get glasses that look like mine but without the transitional lenses
    2. Try to wear the contacts often enough and long enough so they don't irritate me the day of the wedding
    3. Take my current glasses off during pictures.

Any ideas?

Re: XXP: Glasses, Contacts, or other?

• I wear my glasses 90% of the time too for work. You might go to your optometrist and ask if he has a better, comfier option for contacts. I used to have really expensive, uncomfortable contacts, and they changed me to Acuvue and it's a million times better. I still don't leave them in for more than 12-14 hours, so I won't put them in until it's time for my makeup on wedding day. 
  • @yg4201

Thanks! I am also worried that since I am not used to seeing me without glasses and wearing contacts on my wedding day, I might end up not liking the pictures as much

• I can't stand things touching my eyes, but I've been having the same dilemma! I think I'm gonna go get some lighter colored glasses, bright red doesn't really go with my theme lol! Good luck with whatever you decide!!!
  • @mander14

Thanks! I think I am going to find glasses similar to mine but without transition lenses.
  • I know people who have had trouble with regular contacts who have done better with the daily disposable contacts. Something to ask your optometrist about, especially since it would be cheap b/c you don't wear them often
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm trying to figure out the same thing as well.  I probably wear glasses around 95% of the time or even closer to 100% of the time but I'm pretty sure I want to wear contacts for our wedding.  I recently did switch to daily contacts and find that it is easier to wear them for longer periods of time, but I also don't plan to put them in until I need to on that day.  Don't need them to get uncomfortable too quickly in the evening.
  • I wear glasses 98% of the time, but I used to wear contacts. I don't bc I don't see as well with them (astigmatism) and they aren't comfortable.

I have acuvue dailies. I would recommend trying them bc you don'y have to buy any solution/ supplies. You can keep your glasses handy and take your contacts out and throw them away. You can buy 30 day supplies on 1800contacts and wear them a couple days to get used to it.

Just a thought. I din't want to wear my glasses bc I didn't want to look back and see "dated" glasses even tho they are in style now. And I had a birdcage veil and my glasses didn't work at all with it.

If you do contacts, don't forget to get a pair of non-Rx sunglasses! I had to dig for an old pair. I LOVE my Rx sunglasses!!

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards