Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Bridal Alterations

Who have you all used for bridal alterations? I bought my dress at Lulu's and it is a Allure Lace dress. I want to make sure whoever alters it has experience with lace alterations. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Alterations

• Becky Fowler: 972 986-8067  She books up pretty quickly, and rightfully so--she does amazing work.

• My dress was all lace and had to be taken up about five inches. Becky removed the bottom layer of lace by hand, hemmed the dress, the hand-sewed the bottom layer back on. She also added a French bustle. She knows what she's doing. :)
    Anniversary

• I have also heard rave reviews about the alterations lady that Lulu's works with.  
  • I also bought my dress at Lulu's and I am having the alterations done at Stardust. Ruth is fantastic to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is Becky's turn around time? @professorscience I called her but she said I was calling to early. To call her back in May. My wedding is in September but we probably will need to do bridals in June or July. What is the turn around time for Lulu's?? @shoebunnie
  • She's pretty fast.  If you told her you wanted June/July bridals she'd definitely give you an accurate timeline.  And yeah, she told me the same thing.  I can't remember how long she had my dress, but it was ready in PLENTY of time.

I know it's one of the biggest deals, but she serves so many brides that it doesn't make sense for your dress to just sit in her house for 6-9 months.
    Anniversary

• @kdwhitley81 I took my dress in for the first fitting Feb 28, the second fitting was March 8, and my final fitting is March 22.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also am getting my Allure Bridal lace dress from Lulu's done by Becky Fowler! First appt in the first week of April.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards