Pre-wedding Parties

Re: Pi Day Wedding Shower!

• Sekyellow said:
    I didn't get the point of this post until I clicked on the link and realized it was your blog.

I only got as far as the first sentence where you say you and your FI will be hosting your wedding shower on this day next year.  You are not supposed to throw your own parties.  Especially showers!  Please rethink this.  It's incredibly rude and in poor taste.
  • I have to second not throwing your own shower. It's not appropriate to throw a gift-giving event for yourself. If I were invited to a shower the bride & groom threw themselves, I'd think they were more interested in getting stuff from me then celebrating with me.

You can still have a kick ass party, but it shouldn't revolve around people giving you gifts.

Anniversary
  • Quoted from link: "I have no shame."

... clearly. Not only are you posting your own Blog here, but you are hosting your own "over-the-top" wedding shower. :( And you are pinned at least one awful article on your pintrest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can't promote your blog here. @KnotPorscha
  • Why wouldn't she throw her own shower; she threw her own "necessary" engagement party too. :-| /sarcasmfont

• emmyg65 said:
    You can't promote your blog here. @KnotPorscha
    Blogs are ok. 

3. No Soliciting.

There are some incredibly talented Knotties in our community with great ideas, but our boards are here for members to share ideas and hold discussions without feeling like they are being bombarded by promotions and solicitations. This applies to all sorts of businesses - photographers, graphic designers, Etsy shops, etc.

What does that mean exactly? No posts about your business, at all.

If a member asks for a business recommendation, you cannot respond with yours. In your signature, you cannot mention your business whatsoever, or link to it (ebay, etsy, etc.)

You can, however, link to your personal blog.

It IS, tacky, though, OP, to throw your own shower, so I wouldn't go around talking about it. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Apologies to all - I was just really excited about Pi Day and did not think about blog-posting rules. I've only recently become active on The Knot and will be sure to never make this mistake again.
    I also understand that it does indeed look like I'm hosting my own shower in the post. I just wanted to clear the air that my mom and sister are actually hosting - we just been brainstorming the past few weeks and these are all of the ideas I'm really excited about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards