North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

destination wedding help!

I'm looking at doing a destination wedding in the outer banks but im having a heck of a time figuring out how to go about doing it.  I definitely know I will be renting a vacation house for my immediate family to stay at but im not sure i want to have the reception there.  I am looking at having a quick beach ceremony with a few chairs, does anyone know how i go about getting information on that.  It doesnt even need to be right on the sand, just as long as there is the ocean in the background.  For the reception, i just want a small dinner party for maybe 40 people, does anyone know of any restaurants that have private rooms your can rent out?  Or a reasonably priced small venue for under 50 people.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: destination wedding help!

• Options
    Hello and welcome! You have picked out a beautiful place to get married! The first place you will want to look is the Outer Banks Wedding Association, http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/. There you can search for vendors that match what you are looking for. There are several restaurants that will rent out, or have private rooms, I would look under the restaurant tab, most have websites that you can look at, view menus, etc. You can also find rental home suggestions, I have used Twiddy, Elan Vacations and Carolina Designs in the past and have had great experiences with them, but also depends on where you want to stay. Not sure what your budget is, I personally used the Sanderling's elopement package, which has a max of 40 guests, it includes accommodations for the bridge/groom, cake, flowers, officiants, ceremony and reception, we had a fantastic time and would highly recommend it. Let us know if you have any more questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello and welcome!

Kelly gave some great info!  It all depends on what part of the OBX you want to get married on; Corolla, Duck, Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, Hatteras, etc.  You can do a ceremony on the beach, which is what we did right outside of our rental.  You can set-up chairs, but they must be removed right after the ceremony.  We had our rehearsal dinner at Pamlico Jack's and I highly recommend them!  They are at MP 16 and sit right on the Sound, so you have amazing sunseet views.  We rented the upstairs room, which has a private bar area and access to the outdoor patio, and it was perfect.  I think we had about 45 people at our rehearsal dinner and we had plenty of room.  

I would first start with a budget and then go from there.  There are tons of homes to choose from throughout the OBX--one big way to go through them is to determine how many bedrooms you will need and whether or not you want to rent an oceanfront home, pet friendly, etc.  As a side note, you do not have to rent an "event home" since you are having the ceremony on the beach, which is public.  The only time that an event home comes in to play is if you are having the actual reception at the house.  We rented an OF home and had the ceremony on the beach with about 100 guests and the rental company was aware that we were having the wedding and nothing was ever mentioned about it not being an event home, so you are good to go there.

I hope this all makes sense.  I am beyond exhausted and may be overlapping myself, lol.

Let us know if you need anything :)

• Options
    mcook93 said:

Hi! Congratulations on your special day! My husband and I own Photo Expressions Today. We specialize in capturing your most cherished memories to last a lifetime! We would love to provide a custom quote for your photography services. We have shot at many locations at OBX as well as have a listing of preferred vendors to help with your planning. We offering various discounts as well as financing to help our couples with budgeting. Would love to talk with you more about your special goals for your big day. Feel free to contact us at photoexpressionstoday04@gmail.com. www.photoexpressionstoday.com

Wishing you a most beautiful day!

Vendors are NOT allowed on the boards!!!  Read your TOS before clicking "I agree" next time. Your account will be removed from further posting on TK.

• Options
    We are having a beach ceremony behind our rental house and then having a "dinner reception" afterwards at Pamlico Jack's. We rented the upstairs room for 40 people. To me, the cost of going the restaurant route was much cheaper than having a venue/catering/etc especially since our guest list is small. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    We are having a beach ceremony behind our rental house and then having a "dinner reception" afterwards at Pamlico Jack's. We rented the upstairs room for 40 people. To me, the cost of going the restaurant route was much cheaper than having a venue/catering/etc especially since our guest list is small. Good luck! :)
    I LOVE Pamlico Jack's!  That is where we had our rehearsal dinner and the upstairs room is so spacious and the sunset views are amazing!

• Options
    OBX2011 said:
    I LOVE Pamlico Jack's!  That is where we had our rehearsal dinner and the upstairs room is so spacious and the sunset views are amazing!
    I'm so glad to hear that! I've never been to the OBX before so I relied heavily on reviews from here & other sites.
  • Options
    I also had my rehearsal dinner at Pamlico Jack's and they were great!  The view you cannot beat and the service was great!  You will not be disappointed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards