Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Shower Thank Yous

I am facing a few dilemmas in writing thank you notes for the bridal shower:

1). Does my fiance need to sign the cards? He was not present at the shower nor do we live together, however I know that many of the presents were intended for both of us.
2). Some of the guests gave me several gifts each (for example, my aunt and cousin gave me a lot of smaller things). Do I need to mention each gift in the thank you card? I am grateful for each item, but I feel as though listing off everything might be a little tedious (Thank you for the spatulas, pans, dish cloths, pot holders etc. etc.)
3). My aunt also gave me a card with a gift card inside it and it was signed from the whole family including SOs (ex. Love, Aunt Jane & Uncle John, Sally and Joe, etc). Only my aunt and one of my cousins were present at the shower. Who should I address in the thank you note? 

Re: Bridal Shower Thank Yous

• 1) Since your FI was not present, he doesn't have to sign the cards, they can be just from you. But I don't think there is anything wrong with signing them from him as well. I've seen it both ways.

2) Yes, list all the items that were given.

3) Thank all of the people who signed the card.

• 1. A bridal shower is thrown for the bride. While you should certainly say something inside like "Jefferson and I are looking forward to making delicious dinners with the cookware you bought for us" he does not need to sign the notes.

2. This is a bit complicated. If they got you two things, I'd say "Thanks for the rice cooker and the metal chicken." If they got you a basket of things, I'd say "Thank you for all the lovely gifts... how very thoughtful! I especially look forward to all the spaghetti I'll make with that pasta spoon!"

3. Address everyone. You can easily do something like the below:

"Dear Jane, John, Sally, Joe....

Thank you all so much for the gift card and the well-wishes. I really appreciate all of it.

Jane and Sally, it was lovely seeing you at the shower. I can't wait to see all of the family at the wedding. I love you all!

Love
    TolGalen"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    1. A bridal shower is thrown for the bride. While you should certainly say something inside like "Jefferson and I are looking forward to making delicious dinners with the cookware you bought for us" he does not need to sign the notes.

2. This is a bit complicated. If they got you two things, I'd say "Thanks for the rice cooker and the metal chicken." If they got you a basket of things, I'd say "Thank you for all the lovely gifts... how very thoughtful! I especially look forward to all the spaghetti I'll make with that pasta spoon!"

3. Address everyone. You can easily do something like the below:

"Dear Jane, John, Sally, Joe....

Thank you all so much for the gift card and the well-wishes. I really appreciate all of it.

Jane and Sally, it was lovely seeing you at the shower. I can't wait to see all of the family at the wedding. I love you all!

Love
    TolGalen"
    I would say if they don't live together to (ie adult children chipped in for the gift card) to send them individual thank-you's to social unit. For example: Thank-you you for Aunt Sally and Uncle Jared, then a separate thank-you for Cousin James and his lovely wife. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1) Your Fiance doesn't need to sign the cards, but you may want to mention how you will both enjoy the gift: Oh, FI is excited to make smoothies in the blender you got for us! - Both FI and I love the towel set that you got us

2) I don't know what the etiquette is on this, but my gut is telling me to list them all off: The spatulas, sauce pans, pot holders will be perfect for when I attempt to make my own spaghetti sauce (and the discloths will help me clean up the mess I'll probably end up making too!)

3) You can address the note to your aunt, but be sure to mention everyone who "signed" the card
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards