Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

rehearsal dinner options

Our catering company has given us three, very different, choices. What would you prefer to eat? 

• Option One: wood-fired oven pizza; buffalo wing & more appetizer tray, margherita, bbq chicken, pepperoni, wild mushroom and side salads with brownie desert bar.
  • Option Two: bbq; antipasto appetizer tray, tri-tip, chicken breast, soy & ginger marinated pork tenderloin, with red potato salad, side salad, beans, bread and cookie bar.
  • Option three: comfort food; farmer's market appetizer tray, gourmet macaroni & cheese, veggie lasagna, chicken and/or eggplant parmesan, side salad, bread, and cheesecake bar. 

Re: rehearsal dinner options

• I love the idea of wood-fired pizzas. It's casual and tasty and fun. Option two sounds like regular wedding food, and option three sounds a bit carb-heavy (but mac 'n cheese is always nice).
  • Option 1, hands down.
  • Wow, those all sound really tasty! Option 1 sounds fun too.
  • Thanks ladies! I, too, really like the wood-fire pizza option. My fiancé and both of our fathers said BBQ or comfort food, but for some reason I'm just not into it. There was another option of Brazilian BBQ that the men liked, but I had the image of the movie Bridesmaids in my head and nixed that one on the spot. 
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like them all, but I'd go with option #2. 
  • Option 1 because I love wood-fired pizza, even though I HATE HATE HATE chicken wings... giant mess, not a lot of food, and I think they make everyone eating them look like a disgusting caveman. :) But that's just my personal opinion which I know is not shared by many. 

• Option 1.  Pizza is always a winner.  And a brownie dessert is just the cherry on top!

• I think pizza is definitely the winner. Thanks everyone!
  • #3 sounds great, but like another PP said, a little carb heavy & not sure if I would want to go carb crazy the day before my wedding. So my choice is #1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards