October 2014 Weddings

What should I be doing?

People keep asking me how wedding planning is going, and I feel like I haven't been doing any! We had a flurry where we booked all the vendors, but after that I have kind of been at a loss. Here is what is done-

Venue- booked, for both ceremony and reception

DJ- booked. Need to make a list of must play/ don't play and pick out spotlight dance songs

Florist- booked

save the dates- sent to vips and out of town guests

caterer booked and tasting done, menu created

dress- done (as of this weekend!) and bridesmaid dresses done

hotel block- done

makeup artist booked

So left is groomsman attire, transportation, invites, hair, getting our wedding bands. And then I'm sure a bunch of little things like seating chart, and I haven't really done anything with decor items. What else should I be doing in the next few months?

Re: What should I be doing?

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Taking it easy and relaxing? I've done everything on your "done" list other than save the dates and those will be sent in a few weeks. I would consider doing tux rentals and wedding bands sooner than later. Also if you've nailed down your ceremony and reception time and location there's really nothing holding you back from ordering invitations just to say it's done.

Stuff like the seating chart you won't be able to do until shortly before the wedding anyway. So don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with doing some diy projects now. Gives you plenty of time make mistakes and get everything just right. :)

• man u guys are way ahead of me. we are going to pay a deposit on our venue next tues. we have a sort of list started. a few addresses. oh iI know what kind of food we are having. and that we are not having a cake but a cupcake tree.
  • I'm in the same boat. I think people ask me everyday what I am doing for wedding planning and honestly the only thing I have actually done on my own is pick the save the dates... and that is kinda even a lie because my FI actually picked them out, so I ordered and mailed save the dates. 

But I have a venue, a band, catering, chairs for ceremony, photographer, hair dresser, hotel block, transportation for guest to and from hotel day of, rehearsal dinner planned, picked bridesmaid and groomsmen attire, wedding website set up, meeting with officiant in may, we are not doing a seating chart (we do not want our wedding to be to formal)... 

So pretty much so far, I have addressed some envelopes. People ask me daily where I'm at with wedding plans and what I have done and I basically sit there like a deer in headlights and then get nervous that I should be so busy planning the wedding but I feel like I have nothing to do!
  • I have been feeling like I should be doing some major things as well, like figure out uplighting, do invitations, meet with officiant... I could go on and on. But unfortunately, I have to wait on a lot of things, so I have been filling in my time with a million diy projects. If you feel like you should be doing something, just start taking care of the little things so they don't all pile up at the end. For example, what are you going to do about the guest book and pen, table numbers, card box, bridesmaid gifts, toasting glasses, cake cutting set, flower girl basket, ring boy pillow, garter? Not saying that all of these things are even necessary, but if you are going to use these things, why not get all of that stuff taken care of now? That's what I've been up to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards