Moms and Maids

MOB dress

My Mom bought this dress for my wedding. Do you think she would get side-eyed? She ordered it through the store and it's getting delivered to my place. I told her she might want to get something in a different color or a little less snazzy, but told her I'll look at it when it comes. What do y'all think? yay or nay?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOB dress

• If it makes her feel beautiful, it's just fine. That's really the most important part.
  • I think your mother is a grown-ass adult and can wear whatever she damn well pleases. If she bought this dress after trying it on and feeling fabulous in it, then nothing else matters -- not the colour, not the cut, not the fabric, not the style.

I don't think anyone would side-eye it, unless your wedding is rustic themed and in a barn, but that still doesn't matter. If she loves it, she gets to wear it, and you don't need to look at it when it comes to make a decision about that.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • If that's the dress she wants to wear, you tell her it's perfect and you think that she'll be beautiful in it.

End of story.

• okay, thanks girls! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2014
    The mothers wear whatever they want. They don't have to get the bride's approval. 

• Agreed. I was worried that because my Mom is wearing cream (same as me) that people will make comments at the wedding, but there's nothing I can really do about it and she really likes what she picked out. My aunts though have already made jokes about it by asking me if they can wear their wedding dresses to our wedding, stuff like that....ugh. Anyway, I think that what everyone else said is right - Moms don't need to get their outfits approved.
  • That's a pretty dress. No worries.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards