Chit Chat

There goes my billion dollars…

When does football start?? Good luck to the rest of you, I hope someone gets the $1,000,000,000.00 this year!! :-)
:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Re: There goes my billion dollars…

• I'm surprised they made the tourny...  I've not seen many games, but the ones I've seen we've played like crap.  No offense and Craft is the only defense we have since no one seems to understand the need to rebound.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I signed up, but just randomly picked. To be honest, i'm not sure I could even reproduce my picks. I'm sure I have lost already :)

• I signed up, but just randomly picked. To be honest, i'm not sure I could even reproduce my picks. I'm sure I have lost already :)
    Not so fast - Jells FTW!! Random or clueless brackets always fair the best. The rest of us over think it and bomb ;-p

• I'm pretty sure I chose Ohio State. But, maybe I didn't. It would be hilarious if someone won and they just based their picks on team colors or attractiveness of the team. LOL

• I didn't enter the billion dollar challenge, but I have two brackets in a charity challenge. One is a "real" one, based on Nate Silver. The other is "fonts vs. cheeses (which team sounds like a font vs. which sounds like a cheese, font wins). 

So far I'm 1/2 and 0/2. THANKS CHEESE.
  • I've never had my bracket busted this fast before. It's a little disheartening. Lol.
  • IDK. Whoever wins, just split it with MEEE :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ha! I actually called this one. Sadly not because I thought Dayton could win, but because I don't like Ohio State and Dayton is in my school's conference.
    Anniversary
  • I've won two small bracket contests. Once in high school when my dad helped me pick at random and the other in 2011 when I also picked at random. Who else picked the Huskies to win? I got $250 off my rent for that one! I picked it because I love dogs. In fact, I think my bracket was based off of rank and mascot mostly.

I'm not doing a bracket this year. Last year I tried really hard and ended up only in the top half of our pool. One of my coworkers ended up being in the top 10 just by picking the teams who had cats or cat-like names or mascots either last year or two years ago.

Sometimes, the random picks just work the best. Plus, it really takes of the pressure of picking the right teams.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• @rajahbmfd I'm an A-10 alum myself and I came so close to picking Dayton but I couldn't quite pull the trigger on it. Kicking myself now of course. Doing a bracket is a huge deal in my family. My brother actually goes so far as to write all the teams down and then have his three children (aged 7, 4 and nineteen months) 'pick' their brackets by grabbing the papers. This method is oddly effective. My youngest niece (now 4) actually picked Butler to win the year that they made it to the championship game.
  • When does football start?? Good luck to the rest of you, I hope someone gets the $1,000,000,000.00 this year!! :-)
    @photokitty Richard Sherman - 5 more Sunday's til football is back :) (Richard Sherman = 25) 
    Anniversary
  • @photokitty, I feel your pain!!  I think you could literally feel the heartbreak of Buckeye nation for Aaron Craft today...(of course everyone else is glad to see him go.)  Well at least he's got a promising medical career ahead of him!  

And at least my grad school is Michigan State so I've got another team in the tourney to root for!  :)  
  • SU alum here - SO happy that they don't have to play Ohio State tomorrow! They sucked it up the second half of this season and I'm not sure they could've won against Ohio State. I didn't do a bracket this year but I'm not ready for Cuse's season to be over quite yet!
  • NC State fan here...it was heartbreaking to watch them blow a 16 point lead and lose in OT. Oh well, we were just happy to see them make it this far...

• edited March 2014
    eg72 said:
    NC State fan here...it was heartbreaking to watch them blow a 16 point lead and lose in OT. Oh well, we were just happy to see them make it this far…
    NC State fan by marriage (BIL) here - they game was killer!! The Cardiac Pack is just too much for me! I feel your pain :-\

• Annnnnd with that Duke loss, I'm sure even more brackets just got busted. Maybe SU will have a shot at this...
  • Wow, I am glad that I didn't play this year; I am really enjoying all the upsets!
  • Bracket Town is imploding, BUT  I'm just glad I don't have to watch anymore basketball! 

I have a viral infection and couldn't go home with DH bc I'm contagious, so I'm gonna meld my arse to the couch and watch the whole season of Betrayal. No idea if it is any good, but that's my weekend and watch some soccer!

If it's not any good feel free to recommend another show I can find on my TW On Demand channel ;)

• I really want SU to go as far as they can but at the same time, I'll be happy once I don't have to watch any longer. My heart can't take anymore this season.

No good shows to recommend but I'm curious to see what others say! Feel better soon!

• I'm not a big basketball fan, but I love March Madness.  It's always so exciting.

I heard that as of yesterday only 44% of the brackets submitted to EPSN were still undefeated. Pretty sure that number went way down after Duke's loss.    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I pick brackets based on team colors since I know nothing about basketball.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm just ready for baseball season.

• Just heard only 3 brackets are left in the running for the billion dollars.    Crazy

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards