Florida-South Florida

Please Help! High Reception Catering Cost!!!

My wedding budget is $15,500 and my guest count is about 175-200. My ideal reception location is somewhere with large doors or  windows and a nice view of the ocean or a lake. So I have been looking at hotels by the beach and golf/country clubs.  I have looked at about 5 places so far and the lowest cost per person I've seen is $95. If I have $95 for my 200 guest cost.....that's my entire budget and more JUST for the reception venue food and the few things that has been included in the catering packages (e.g white linen and seat covers, 2-4 open bar, the cake....) Now I do plan to negotiate with my venues as much as possible but that's a long way to get to about $40 max which is what I want to pay. I'm willing to do a lunch menu so it's a little cheaper so PLEASE

1) List any reception venues that fit my ideal look and has lower catering cost (Preferred locations closet to Ft Lauderdale, Pompano, Plantation, Davie....) 
2) Let me know do most of these places list the prices this high but do work with you to meet your budget

Thank you so much!!!!! I'm trying for this process not stressful so your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Please Help! High Reception Catering Cost!!!

• Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale, not super pretty from the outside, but they do a very nice job and the room is pretty easy to decorate; daytime wedding at Pier 66; daytime wedding at B Ocean.
  • Thank you for your suggestions! I have contacted all of these places.

• Keep in mind I have a friend say she went to a wedding at B and she said it was horribly coordinated.

OP try looking at state/county parks like Robins Lodge  idk the Max cap for that particular location, but places where you can bring in your own vendors will be significantly cheaper. I just went to friends wedding at the Old Daie School house and it was nice. Try looking in Weston for venues overlooking a lake, the ocean will be $$$.

imageimage

• Have you tried B Ocean Hotel?  It is beautiful and affordable.  Also,  most venues will be cheaper if you get married on a Friday or Sunday or during the summer ( Florida's off season).   Hope this helps :) 
  • Thank you all you responses and suggestions. I booked my reception venue!!! I was blessed and was able to find an older country club called Boca Dunes for about $50 per person including photo, video, dj, centerpieces, and cake. The only thing is I have a select option of vendors I can work with so I'm still seeing how that's going to work out. So it is possible for a reasonable price catering for wedding reception. Yayyy. It was just a lot of work to look for it. Hope I can help a future bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards