Louisiana-New Orleans

Hair and Makeup

Hello, ladies!!

I've been browsing the board for recommendations and have come across a few. However, a lot are older postings or the businesses listed are booked on my date (ie: Two Sisters and Just Face It)

I'm from Arkansas and will be visiting New Orleans in a month so I need to find hair and makeup to have a trial then.

Anyone have an recommendations? :) I'd prefer on-site and a hair & makeup combo if possible. But if not I can book separately.

Thank you for your help!

Re: Hair and Makeup

• I just booked Just Face It, on SHORT notice (less than a month out) and Jessica graciously found a way to make it work on location.  I'm working on scheduling a trial soon so I'll let you know!
  • Not sure if you are saying that Just Face It is already booked on your date...I am using her (Jessica) for just hair. I am using Katie @ Pixie for makeup. They are located on Magazine Street, but she will go on location too. I have my trials with both of them in April so I can't give you first hand reviews just yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So cool...We have the same date. Mine is also October 6, 2012. I may be using the Makeup Lab. I have heard lots of great things about them. I know they do makeup but i'm not sure about hair. Check out their website.
  • My hairstylist was Alis at Glenda's Cuttin' Loose. She's amazing at up dos.  I did my own make up but when I was toying with the idea of having it done Alis recommended Pixie.
  • I am using Emily for makeup and Kelly for hair at Get Polished Events. I've heard different reviews for the company but I liked them in my trial. Someone had said that the makeup looks hookerish but I had the opposite feeling after my trial. I told her I wanted more.

I was able to book them late in Jan for my March 3 wedding and they were even able to fit me in for a trial that same weekend I booked. My hair and makeup lasted all day out on Bourbon St...They are coming to my hotel to get us ready.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • I'm using Flawless Bride.  They travel to do on-location hair and makeup
    3-3-12
  • I'm also using flawless bride :)
  • I used kiss and make-up for hair and makeup. They travel to you. They did a wonderful job for both!
  • Thank you ladies so much! Yes, unfortunately Just Face it is booked on my date :(

But I will absolutely be checking out the other recommendations :) Happy planning to you all!
  • Ok, so the final verdict reads as:

Two Sisters: booked on my date

Just Face It: booked on my date

Flawless Bride: booked on my date

Get Polished: IT'S A GO!!!

Phew! I was starting to sweat a bit there, haha. I had no idea brides booked things so far in advance (or maybe it's just because I'm a major procrastinator).

I've heard mixed reviews about Get Polished. Almost everyone says don't use them for wedding planning, which I won't be. But a majority love the job they did on hair and makeup, which is exactly what I need!

Thanks to everyone for their input :)

• If Get Polished does not work out for you, try Ashley at Divine Artistry. I have her booked for my wedding the weekend prior to yours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_hair-and-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:91015612-81a5-4bd1-810a-30aac7e24c2bPost:eea9c40c-30cc-4b67-beba-b1be4926be9d">Re: Hair and Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so the final verdict reads as: Two Sisters: booked on my date Just Face It: booked on my date Flawless Bride: booked on my date Get Polished: IT'S A GO!!! Phew! I was starting to sweat a bit there, haha. I had no idea brides booked things so far in advance (<strong>or maybe it's just because I'm a major procrastinator</strong>). I've heard mixed reviews about Get Polished. Almost everyone says don't use them for wedding planning, which I won't be. But a majority love the job they did on hair and makeup, which is exactly what I need! Thanks to everyone for their input :)
    Posted by heatherfitz[/QUOTE]

I was this way because I was going to do my own hair and a friend do makeup, but I decided I didn't want to mess with my hair and I was wanted airbrushed makeup and everyone was booked. I was really glad they were available. :)
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • I'm using Flawless Bride as well - they travel to you and do hair & make up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards