Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony slide show

I know I've seen quite a few post about them being AWish but I've had an idea running through my had the past 2 weeks.

Would it be Awish if the slideshow was of us and photos of our guests over the years? Or is that odd and we should skip it altogether

Re: Ceremony slide show

• If you're planning to show the slideshow, do it in a way that doesn't compel uninterested guests to watch.  Don't show it at the ceremony, and if you have it at the reception, put it in the background on a loop rather than turning out the lights and making it part of the "entertainment."  To do that would force your guests to pay attention to it, and that would make it AWish.
  • I know I've seen quite a few post about them being AWish but I've had an idea running through my had the past 2 weeks. Would it be Awish if the slideshow was of us and photos of our guests over the years? Or is that odd and we should skip it altogether
    Just skip it.  If you'd like to display family wedding photos, that is ok.  But when they get plastered on loop on a giant wall, that's where it gets a little AWish, regardless of who is the one being featured on the video.
  • Thanks ladies, we will just skip it :)
  • lkristenjlkristenj member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

I was actually considering something like this for my reception and had no idea it could be considered AW ish.

I had thought about just setting up a projector with a slideshow loop from Capsule on one wall (not huge, but big enough to be seen) and just have it run without drawing any further attention to it. I love photographs and I know many of my guests will have smartphones with cameras. I like the idea of it being live streaming too. So they can take pictures and see themselves up on the wall. Plus, I get more photos out of it, which is the real motivator for me. I love photos.

Is it really that bad? I'd really like to know. It hadn't even crossed my mind that it would be bad.

ETA: I would have pictures of me and Fi over the years added to the Capsule before the reception and then the reception photos from guests would add to it. For clarification.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• lkristenj said:

I was actually considering something like this for my reception and had no idea it could be considered AW ish.

I had thought about just setting up a projector with a slideshow loop from Capsule on one wall (not huge, but big enough to be seen) and just have it run without drawing any further attention to it. I love photographs and I know many of my guests will have smartphones with cameras. I like the idea of it being live streaming too. So they can take pictures and see themselves up on the wall. Plus, I get more photos out of it, which is the real motivator for me. I love photos.

Is it really that bad? I'd really like to know. It hadn't even crossed my mind that it would be bad.

ETA: I would have pictures of me and Fi over the years added to the Capsule before the reception and then the reception photos from guests would add to it. For clarification.

This particular doesn't sound overly AWish to me. I think my only concern is to go with a smaller screen, otherwise it can look a little Sweet Sixteen Partyish.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards