May 2012 Weddings
Options

BM alterations....another ?

Just posted about BM alterations...and I had another ?

My BMs are wearing short dresses:

Should I ask the BMs to have the length all be the same? for example: should they all hit them in the middle of the knee? Does this even matter?? I don't really have strong feelings either way about this, but I'm wondering if it might look better if they are the same length
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: BM alterations....another ?

• Options
    i think they should have the length wherever is comfortable for them.  if the dress is already short and they're comfortable with the current length, then there's no sense in asking them to pay more to have it hemmed 1/2" or whatever.

just my opinion :)
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I'd just let them do whatever is most comfortable with them :) I doubt anyone will notice if they're not all exactly the same length.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ok thats what I figured but I wasn't sure! thank you :)
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Options
    Just leave it alone.  It's a bit knit-picky.  No one will notice if the lengths are off by an inch. :)
  • Options
    I agree with PP, if it's not a huge deal to you then just let it be. The dress should hit a similar length (since they are short dresses) on all the girls away and since it's not a long dress...they probably hadn't been expecting to pay for an alterations hem.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bm-alterationsanother?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:b89c4060-0875-425b-a1bc-88418c78e9f0Post:94f4bf43-ad38-419f-b673-4a3820f15c4e">Re: BM alterations....another ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just leave it alone.  It's a bit knit-picky.  No one will notice if the lengths are off by an inch. :)
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

This!

• Options
    You should just let them have their dresses hemmed for their bodies and height.  One length will look different on each girl, and in the end you want your photos to look nice, so they should have them hemmed to be appropriate for their individual bodies.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bm-alterationsanother?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:b89c4060-0875-425b-a1bc-88418c78e9f0Post:94f4bf43-ad38-419f-b673-4a3820f15c4e">Re: BM alterations....another ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just leave it alone.  It's a bit knit-picky.  No one will notice if the lengths are off by an inch. :)
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

<div>This. </div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards