Chit Chat

What is the craziest thing you want to do?

I've always wanted to go to Australia and go down in one of those cages and see a great white shark in the wild. It would be so totally awesome. What crazy, adrenaline filled activity have you always wanted to do?

Re: What is the craziest thing you want to do?

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Skydive. Wheee!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Complete a full Iron (wo)Man. Considering I haven't ridden a bike in a decade, that's a pipe dream.
  • Get married! hehe (I have a bad habit of cancelling weddings...)
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Skydiving is awesome.  Done it a few times already.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Have a baby. Scares the shit out of me.
  • Drive an Indy Car. Fly an airplane into a hurricane to take measurements of wind speed.

image   image   image

• My philosophy in life is that I'll do anything twice, except drugs... or bungee jumping. Not gunna mess up my already messed up back jumping off a bridge. I can't wait to sky dive and I would totally swim with sharks. Driving a legit race car would also be awesome. I've driven my personal cars at race tracks, but nothing race prepped.

• I don't have a bucket list per se. I am really fortunate to be able to just do or plan something when the moment hits me. However, I have a few things that I have mentioned in the past that I'd like to do, but haven't put much effort into, or just isn't reality:

I really want to fly in a F-35 or F-22. That will never happen. But, it would certainly be fun!

I would also love to do a shark cage dive in South Africa. We were in South Africa a few years ago and didn't do it because it didn't fit the itinerary. But, if we were to go back, I'd do it.

I want to visit the Maldives. I've started planning a trip there twice, but once it fell through because of flight schedules and the other time because I wanted my exchange of vows to be my legally binding ceremony. I have no doubt I'll get there in the next few years.

• My top 2 things were: go on a safari and cage-dive with great whites and we did both on our HM in South Africa. Absolutely incredible and I would (and hope to) do both again in a heartbeat!

I'm really fascinated by nature and weather for some reason. It might sound really strange but I'd like to see a tornado IRL. I'd say a volcano also but we're seeing that in a few weeks when we go to Costa Rica. 

• Go on a safari.

Volunteer abroad, preferably somewhere where I have to REALLY step outside of my comfort zone as far as language, food, customs, etc.

Not super-crazy, but since it scares the ever-loving hell out me, date again. I have no idea how to do this. Be in a relationship? I'm good at that, I can do that. Get married? Sure, I'd like to someday. But dating? Terrifying.

Become some sort of advanced practice nurse; maybe even get my DNP.

Become a foster or adoptive mom. I'm not all about that pregnancy thing; that's too much for me. My family is convinced I will change my mind on this someday, but I don't think so.

And finally, learn to sing and actually perform in front of an audience that doesn't include my shower or the inside of my car.

• ElcaBElcaB member
    I have also always wanted to go cage diving with sharks. It's kind of my dream, and every time it's Shark Week I start googling how to get started. Turns out it's about a bajillion dollars (diving certification + flight to shark zone + experience). What kills me is, after all that, if you don't happen to see sharks you're SOL. 

For those of you who are screaming "SKYDIVING!" you should totally do it. That freefall was the best 60 seconds of my life! You will never forget it. 
  • @ElcaB - I'm not diving certified and I did a cage-dive with sharks. We wore snorkel gear in the cage. The day our tour was originally schedule for was too windy (causing the water to be too rough) so it was postponed until the next day but as long as you aren't forced to completely cancel due to time constraints, you should definitely be able to see sharks when you're out there. 

• FI is a certified scuba diver and he loves it! He has really been trying to convince meto get certified. However, I'm terrified of water and the ocean so I'm not sure how I would do it without having a panic attack. But we both think this may be a good thing for my fear, so we'll see!

• I used to say skydiving. I've since changed my mind. I don't want to jump out of a plane. 

I think the craziest thing FI and I are considering is selling our house, buying an awesome, kick ass sail boat and living on it year 'round. 
  • Swazzle said:
    My top 2 things were: go on a safari and cage-dive with great whites and we did both on our HM in South Africa. Absolutely incredible and I would (and hope to) do both again in a heartbeat!

I'm really fascinated by nature and weather for some reason. It might sound really strange but I'd like to see a tornado IRL. I'd say a volcano also but we're seeing that in a few weeks when we go to Costa Rica. 
    THIS!! Again, @Swazzle, I find myself jealous of your SA trip! We were supposed to go cage diving our first day in country (which was our only "free day" of the entire 2 weeks; rest was spent working at our assigned NGO), but our flight was delayed 15 hours so we missed it. So disappointing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sometimes I get a bug up my butt and really want to move to another country for a while. I don't think that will ever happen but I at least want to travel a lot. The wedding is in the way for it this year but I will almost certainly do some volunteering abroad over the summer- there's a pretty short program in my school for nursing where we go to Costa Rica. 
  • Niccirf said:
    Swazzle said:
    My top 2 things were: go on a safari and cage-dive with great whites and we did both on our HM in South Africa. Absolutely incredible and I would (and hope to) do both again in a heartbeat!

THIS!! Again, @Swazzle, I find myself jealous of your SA trip! We were supposed to go cage diving our first day in country (which was our only "free day" of the entire 2 weeks; rest was spent working at our assigned NGO), but our flight was delayed 15 hours so we missed it. So disappointing. 
    If you're ever back there I hope you get the chance to do it! It was unbelievable. I wish we had better pictures of it. The company we used had just sent all of their underwater cameras out to be serviced so our only pictures are taken from the boat :( 

• @FiancB, having major jealousy of your school's trip! A few of the BSN programs in my area have study abroad for nursing students, but alas, my ADN does not. Please AW after you go so I can drool over Costa Rica!
  • @phira, I just noticed that I'm quoted in your siggy. I feel special!

I want to go to Australia and scuba dive in the GBR. I want to go to Indonesia and see Komodo dragons in their natural habitat.

I want to have a baby, even though the thought kind of terrifies the bejesus out of me.

I want to sky dive.  I want to travel with DH. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
    How many weddings have you cancelled and WHY?
    Anniversary

I'm curious, as well.

• Def cage swimming with the sharks! I think flying a small plane, like taking a flight lesson. I'm terrified of flying so this could be a way of conquering my fear. Or it could be a really terrible idea , so I'm not sure about that one. Also, an African Safari, that is a dream of mine (and taking a flight to Africa would be wild for me since it would be the longest flight I've taken.) And running a full marathon!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• phiraphira member
    The reason I haven't gone skydiving is that I seriously am too chicken to go alone. I mean, I know that there will a professional strapped to my back and all, but I want a friend or family member to also be jumping out of the plane (also strapped to a professional).

@HisGirlFriday13 I hope it's okay that I quoted you! Every time you say it or something like it, I'm just all HELL YES *fist pump* etc.

@CLoGreenEyes Dating is not anything like being in a relationship or having a crush on someone. So I can definitely see how it's really kind of terrifying (like, what is this? We just sit and ... talk? How am I supposed to want to bone someone I don't know?). It's like a mix of awkward small talk with strangers when you're stuck at the airport + an interview.
    Anniversary
    I'm curious, as well.

This is my 3rd engagement. I was far too young the first 2 times I was proposed to, and wanted to get married for all the wrong reasons (first time was to get out of my mother's house, second time was for money). Got pretty far into planning both of them, but luckily had only gotten to the paying deposits part. I have zero contact with my first FI, but I am still actually on very friendly terms with my last ex and his family. Neither of us was ready to REALLY get married, but in some twisted way, I guess he felt somehow it was what we had to do because we'd been together for a few years (I was his first... everything). We can look back at it now and see how young and silly we were.

I have never ever wanted a traditional wedding, and I still don't. I was very clear from the start with FI that getting married was not the be-all, end-all of my life, and I would be totally fine not getting married at all so long as I was in a happy, stable, loving relationship. Which is why it took him 10 years to get me to say yes. And even though I would cancel all of our contracts and fly off to Vegas in a heartbeat, I love him enough to let him have his princess day. Even if it means I won't have the money to buy my new car. :(

~*~*~*~*~

• phira said:
    The reason I haven't gone skydiving is that I seriously am too chicken to go alone. I mean, I know that there will a professional strapped to my back and all, but I want a friend or family member to also be jumping out of the plane (also strapped to a professional).

@HisGirlFriday13 I hope it's okay that I quoted you! Every time you say it or something like it, I'm just all HELL YES *fist pump* etc.

@CLoGreenEyes Dating is not anything like being in a relationship or having a crush on someone. So I can definitely see how it's really kind of terrifying (like, what is this? We just sit and ... talk? How am I supposed to want to bone someone I don't know?). It's like a mix of awkward small talk with strangers when you're stuck at the airport + an interview.
    LOL -- of course it's OK. I'm flattered. I have actually considered making that my siggy, because God knows I say it often enough.
    Anniversary

• @phira "How am I supposed to bone someone I don't know?"

Did I read that right?? Haha I'm like.. um.... Most people dont..? I don't know? I'm still laughing. Typo?

image   image   image

• phiraphira member
    @Sugargirl1019 Well, I think I said, "How am I supposed to want to bone someone I don't know?" One of my friends hates dating because she's used to "friends first," and can't imagine meeting people she doesn't know with the hopes that they'll eventually like each other enough to sleep together. I dunno.
    Anniversary
  • Oh! So it was exactly right! It still made me laugh. Because yea, I feel like 'how am I supposed to have sex with someone I don't know'. That would make dating very very awkward and scary.

Although some people have had great relationships off of *sees hot guy* 'omg I want you' 'I want you too' *sex* ..

image   image   image

• Be a storm chaser
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards