December 2014 Weddings

Too terrible to do holiday-esque colors?

Hey guys- 

We're looking forward to our December 30th wedding this year, but need some input. The colors we're most drawn to are burgundy/merlot red, a dark evergreen, gold and a champagne color... but that is well.. really Christmasy. Do you think it'd blend in too much with the season, or would it, in fact, benefit from the warmness and family-centric feeling that the season creates? 

Thoughts? 

Re: Too terrible to do holiday-esque colors?

• I personally wanted to stay away from Christmas colors, I didn't want a "Christmas themed" wedding simply because the dates coincide- but if those are the colors you are drawn to, I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all.   I would like them better at a Christmastime wedding over another time of year :)  Just a thought, check with your venue- a lot of churches and reception venues are already going to have holiday decorations up to some extent.  If that's the case for you, everything will go together better and also less decorating you'll have to do!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's not terrible but I personally wouldn't do it.
  • Maybe you could pick either the dark red or the dark green and pair it with your metallics? That way you still get the atmosphere you want without it being so overtly Christmas.
  • I specifically didn't want to choose any colors that could be considered "Christmas-y" because everyone asks if I am having a Christmas themed wedding. However, if you like those colors, go for it. Plus if you are having the ceremony at a church, chances are it is already decorated.

• @eg72 - That's part of it too. The church will be decorated, and decorations cannot be removed.
  • Yeah our church will still have the tree up and poinsettias out. Luckily they decorate with ivory and gold so not as Christmas-y looking. I think if you like those colors go for it. My FSIL's MOH did that last year and her wedding turned out beautiful and she saved a ton on arrangements. It isn't my personal taste but it worked for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards