Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid dress question

So I am having a casual beach wedding in florida November 1, 2014. My colors are navy and coral. Originally I wanted all my bridesmaids to wear the same navy floor length strapless chiffon dress. However, recently my moh suggested that they wear short dresses to keep it more casual and to keep the sand off their dresses. I completely understand her point, however I have 6 girls to think of and they are all different shapes and sizes. What should I do? And which type of dress should I choose??
Thx :)

Re: Bridesmaid dress question

• You could pick a fabric and length (below the knee? above the knee?) and let them go find their own dresses. The same fabric and flowers will help make a cohesive look if that's a concern for you.
  • What KeptInStitches said.  You could also pick a designer (make sure they have dresses in your BMs budget) so that the color stays cohesive and then let them pick whatever dress they want.

• I did this as well! I used the color Horizon from DB (royal blue) told my girls short and satin. Each girl had their own dress and it looked stunning. You don't need the exact dress/neckline for a cohesive look.

Anniversary
  • You could pick a fabric and length (below the knee? above the knee?) and let them go find their own dresses. The same fabric and flowers will help make a cohesive look if that's a concern for you.
    Since not everyone looks good or feels comfortable in a strapless dress (I am among those who do not), I agree with this idea.
  • Ditto just picking the designer and color. My girls will each pick their own cocktail-length dress in Alfred Sung "Fresh."  They all have completely different styles, plus some are much more "well-endowed" and need something with substantial straps. They'll all be happier this way than if I forced them into the same dress. If you do pick one dress for them all, you'll need to go with the most modest of anyone's preferences so you don't put anyone out of her comfort zone. FWIW, I do agree with your mom on short dresses for the beach.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards