Canada-Ontario

HELP: OFFICIANT !!!

Afternoon everyone -

Does anyone recommend an officiant? We are looking for a non-religious ceremony, and somethnig around 15 minutes. We are also looking for an officiant with a bit of humour.

Plus, what is the average cost? Just so I know I'm not being overcharged.

AND - has anyone heard anything about Rev. Michael Bittle?

Thanks everyone  ! ! !

Re: HELP: OFFICIANT !!!

• We're using Jim Emerson from Enduring Promises -- he's funny and "got us" right away.  We are also doing a short and non-religious ceremony.

Most officiants are in the $300-$450 range not including the rehearsal.
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Justice Diane Oleskiw works in Toronto and will do non-religious ceremonies.  I attended one recently by her, it was 15-20 minutes and she seemed relaxed and good at speaking.

I don't know her fees, but our pastor for our church ceremony charged $250 including the rehearsal.  It was on site and didn't require travel though.
  • Found our officiant through www.allseasonsweddings.com. They have listings for every city (well, almost!!) in Ontario, and give you a list of different officiants, with a short bio on each.  Gary met with us, and we clicked with him right away.  Total cost is about $375.00, but it doesn't include a rehearsal (our's is a very small second wedding, and we figured we didn't need one!)  Good luck!
  • We used Christiane Bristow from Ceremonies to remember: http://www.ceremoniestoremember.ca/

She was about $650 all together.  But people have not stopped talking about how amazing our ceremony was.  It was funny and unique.  They loved how us it was.
  • thanks for all this helpful information everyone. it is very much appreciated :) !!!
  • Also check out Jeremy Citron from All You Need is Love. He comes highly recommended.
  • I liked Wayne from Kettle Creek. 
  • We are using a City of Markham officiant (it's $210+tax for them to come to you for the ceremony).  He was nice on the phone, and forwarded the ceremony he would normally use.

I'm not sure where you're doing your ceremony, but the City of Toronto also offers a similar service; you just have to contact them for a quote: http://www.marryus.org/faq.htm.
    If you want more details for the City of Markham, I can forward the names and numbers I was given when contacting their City Hall.
  • i will ask my officant for her info shes a friend of the family 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards