Wedding Woes

Lusting after the guy next door

Dear Prudence,
I am a 29-year-old single mother of children ages 2 and 4. I left my kids’ father because he was addicted to heroin. I’ve always held a decent job and have been able to take care of myself. Dating has been difficult as I work full time and I do not wish to bring any men around my children. I moved to a new neighborhood and immediately took notice of my neighbor. Just before I arrived his girlfriend had moved out, and they have a child together. She was addicted to opiate pills. A friendship between him and me started and now we hang out, talk, or text on a daily basis. He’s a very good father. Our kids play together. I regularly cook meals and he eats over. He talks to my kids in a way a father would. He does things for me I could never get any boyfriend to do, like snow removal, and all the fix-it problems in my house. He looks out for me and I look out for him. There has never been anything romantic between us. However, I do have very strong feelings for him. I am pretty enough but all of his past girlfriends are beautiful model types. He could have any girl he wanted. I’m hoping he wants me. But I’m afraid to take the jump and ruin the friendship. I’m biting my tongue every time we hang out.

—Hopeful

Re: Lusting after the guy next door

• Does no one check for green lights or vibes any more?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards