Favors
Options

Favor and gap filler. Thoughts?

Hello,

My fiance and I had taken some dance lessons for the wedding and things just kinda took off. We take lessons twice a week now and its a really special experience for us. 

We decided that we'd like to share this experience with our guests and chose to have a group dance lesson be our favor to them. This will also help fill the gap between ceremony and reception, and distract them while we get some pictures done with our photographer. 

I have had two distinct reactions about this and wanted your opinion. One: "that is so cool!" or Two: "I dont dance and you cant make me!"

Is it weird that the guests wont have a physical object to take home with them?

Thanks! 

Re: Favor and gap filler. Thoughts?

• Options
    will there be food and drinks?  how long is the gap?

i would scrap the lesson and host a cocktail hour.  if anything, you can have the dance lesson be an optional activity during the cocktail hour, but i really doubt anyone would participate.  especially pre-drinking.

you don't need a favor.  you do need to host your guests during a gap, and the gap should only be a short amount of time.
  • Options
    I would think this is an activity and wouldn't imagine that it was a "favor". I also probably wouldn't be able to participate because FI does not dance at all, ever! I actually know a lot of people like that. Also what about the people who don't have a partner to dance with or the people who physically can't dance? 
  • Options
    The lesson will be during cocktail hour. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Maybe I wont call it a favor, but since we are spending money on this to entertain our guests while we are busy, we will forego having a favor. 
  • Options
    Well, we cant please everyone. I think even if we went with the more common edible favor; candy, popcorn ect..... there are people who cant have those things or don't want them. I just thought it would be cool it include our guests in something that has been a big part of our lives. I do get your point though on people who may possibly not have someone to dance with. Thanks!
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
      Hello,

My fiance and I had taken some dance lessons for the wedding and things just kinda took off. We take lessons twice a week now and its a really special experience for us. 

We decided that we'd like to share this experience with our guests and chose to have a group dance lesson be our favor to them. This will also help fill the gap between ceremony and reception, and distract them while we get some pictures done with our photographer. 

I have had two distinct reactions about this and wanted your opinion. One: "that is so cool!" or Two: "I dont dance and you cant make me!"

Is it weird that the guests wont have a physical object to take home with them?

Thanks! 
    I'd skip it.  This is not a favor.  No way would I be interested in dance lessons during cocktail hour.   I'll be too busy getting my food and drink on.  I suspect your guests will be more interested in the food and drink too.  Seriously, save your money.

ETA - I hope I understood correctly....the dance lessons during the cocktail hour is NOT replacing food and drink, right?  If not, you need to change your priorities.  Food and drink is more important than dance lessons.
  • Options
    I think it is a unique and cool idea, but I think you still need to provide some type of food and beverage during the gap and I would make sure that there are enough instructors and space for the amount of people you are hosting.
  • Options
    It's okay to not have a favor.
    Do what it is you want to do, your guest may surprise you.
    You and your groom can join them in the end to complete the dance
    It makes for great photos also.
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    I hate dancing, so no, I would not like this favor one bit. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards