Nevada-Las Vegas

Restaurants/Shows

What are your favorite Restaurants/Bars/Shows in Vegas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Restaurants/Shows

• JixxtJixxt member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Last time I went.. "O" was the stand out show from the ones we saw (others were, La Reve, Ka, Beatles, and Criss Angel). Don't see Criss Angel.. he was terible.. his big finale didn't work for us. Although my other half went with the boys a few days later and loved it... apparently the finale worked.

Faves food joint was PJ Changs :) Not too classy, but we loved it! and so cheap!!
  • kazzykazzy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Bars:
    The Laundry Room at Commonwealth
    Mandarin Bar at Mandarin Oriental
    Chandelier level 2 or 1.5 at Cosmopolitan

Restaurants 
    Honeysalt 
    Kabuto for sushi
    Bouchon for breakfast
    Secret Pizza 
    Tacos el Gordo
    Guy Savoy
    Border Grill
    Carnevino

Shows:
    I really liked Penn and Teller! O and Mystere were okay. But these days am dying to see Absinthe or Rose.Rabbit.Lie! 

Also, this is totally crazy, but I did the Stripper 101 class at Planet Hollywood and really liked it. I did not expect to (full disclosure my ticket was free) but I learned a lot and had fun. Not as cheesy or tacky as I expected.

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• thank you @kazzy! I will look into all of those! the stripper class sounds interesting;) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite restaurants are N9NE and Mix, favorite shows are Absinthe and Jersey Boys.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Show - Michael Jackson ONE, saw it in November and trying to figure out how to see it again for our wedding in May.

Bars - Chandelier Bar, Rhum Bar, Nine Fine Irishmen, Bourbon Room and Red Square

Restaurant - Burger Bar, Bachi Burger, Peppermill, Grand Lux, Table 10, Ruth Chris (formally The Range)...@kazzy I 2nd breakfast at Bouchon

We need a new category - buffets!  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Show - Absinthe, hands down. I always avoided it because I was like "circus acts? Nah, not for me" but after getting a few recommendations, we tried it and LOVED it. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, but it was awesome and hilarious.

Restaurant - I absolutely love Olive in Bellagio, great food at a decent price. We also hit up In n' Out burger every time we're there because we don't have that in Canada! haha. And since we're both breakfast lovers, we also hit up Hash House A Go Go when we're in town too... don't judge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Restaurants - MIX at theHotel, SW Steakhouse at Wynn, Holsteins and Shakes at Cosmo... love Gordon Ramsay's steakhouse and burGR, along with Tom Colicchio's CraftSteak... favorite buffet so far has been breakfast at Wynn
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thank you everyone! 
    @tcnoble we are huge Gordon Ramsay fans! I'm sure we will go to one of his restaurants this trip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ssteele04 I haven't been to the Pub at Caesar's but friends that have gone said the food was nothing stellar... we have zero complaints about burGR and his steakhouse though!! Definitely try and find time for them on your trip! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble~ that's where we went last time (the pub) and we were really really disappointed, especially walking in and seeing all the beer kegs on the wall, and having like 5 beers on the list and nothing out of the ordinary to choose from, the food was just alright. 
    we will have to try them out! thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All Cirque shows are amazing. I personally love "Love" by Cirque beacuse I'm a Beatles fan and a theater in the round fan. Yay! I really enjoyed "Mystere," which reminded me of the first Cirque show I ever saw, back in Quebec before they had a show in Vegas. My least favorite Cirque show is Zumanity. Disclaimer: I haven't seen Believe, MJ One, or Zarkana.

Penn & Teller is amazing, super fun.

I'd love to see the new Jubilee, the classic showgirl revue (either topless or with sparkly pasties) updated by Beyonce's choreographer. It just reopened last week.

I'm also keen on seeing Absinthe or Rose.Rabbit.Lie, the latter of which combines dining and performance.

Restaurants:

Lotus of Siam off the Strip for amazing Thai food

The Pub at Monte Carlo for beer and food

Tao or Hakkasan for Asian (Hakkasan review coming soon, bonus: usually get free entry or jump the line for the nightclub if you dine there)

English's at Town Square for British and curry dishes, yeah, curry.

Sinatra at Wynn for classy Italian and steakhouse

Bars:

Peppermill for the Lounge, not the restaurant

Downtown Cocktail Room for the door and hand-crafted cocktails

Velveteen Rabbit for the 16 types of bitters and carefully concocted drinks

Don't Tell Mama for the live piano kareoke (go late)

Parasol Up at Wynn for people-watching

Frankie's Tiki Room for tropical drinks, pufferfish lights and real hard-carved tikis

• @cirena166 we are eating at Lotus do Siam Sunday evening before we go see Penn and Teller. It's refreshing to hear a good review on Love. I'm also a huge fan but everyone I have spoken to about it did not enjoy the performance. We might try to still squeeze it in but I suspect it will have to wait for the next trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we really loved Zumanity! We are hoping to go back again! 
    I will look into all the restaurant suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, two other great bars:
    Freakin' Frog on Maryland Parkway for beer - more than 300 kinds!
    Hostile Grape at M Resort for wine
  • Two standout restaurants for me from our last visit were:

Scarpetta at the Cosmopolitan.  Nice view of the fountains at Bellagio and amazing Italian food.

Chart House at the Golden Nugget.  We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance.  Far better food than Hugo's Cellar which we visited the next night and Chart House had huuuuggeeee tropical fish tank in the middle of the restaurant.

Anniversary
  • I'll also recommend Il Mullino at Caesar's Forum Shops. Amazing italian.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards