Wedding 911

Help!! Worst Venue Ever!!!

Dear Knot community,

I really need your help and advice! My wedding is 5 months away. We have already paid the full rental fee (plus a $1000 deposit) for our ceremony+reception venue. They did assign a coordinator whom we've only met once. But she quit without notice a few weeks ago. No one from the venue contacted us to inform us that we no longer have a coordinator. We had to find out through our caterer! Not only that, but the sales director at the venue is unhelpful and unprofessional. When I called her to ask and also inform her that their exclusive rental vendor did not respond to my email until 5 weeks later, her tone was insolent, impatient, and she even told me that I was getting worked up over nothing. Never in my life have I been treated this way and made to feel so small. I was so appalled and upset I wrote a letter to the owner of the venue two weeks ago, of which I have yet to receive a response. I forwarded the same letter to the president of the venue asking for her help, still no response. Not to mention, we still have NOT received any words or updates from anyone at the Venue regarding who will be replacing our coordinator. I really don't know what to do since I don't have a coordinator from the venue that I can work with. I have had to put all my planning on hold. 

The venue is a non-profit performing arts center located in Southern California. If they do not care to help me or respond to me, what can I do?? What should I do now???

stressed out and panic-stricken,
Amie

Re: Help!! Worst Venue Ever!!!

• I suggest going there in person to talk to someone in charge.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I swear, this sounds EXACTLY like another venue horror story I read on here about six months ago. The whole thing sounds terribly unprofessional and disorganized. Have they cashed your deposit, or are they just holding your check? And are you just trying to keep working with them, or are you at the point where you just want to fire the venue and ask for your money back?

If you paid a deposit, was there a written contract? I'd start by reviewing that. And then, yes, go in person if you can.
  • Call your local BBB and see if they can help?
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards