Illinois-Chicago

Alcohol Question

I'm considering a venue that would allow us to bring in our own alcohol, which I know can cut down on costs. FI, however, is very concerned about having to guess how much to buy and is terrified of running out of alcohol. I've heard brides talk about places that allowed them to return unopened alcohol. I've tried looking for stores in Illinois that allow this, but I haven't had any luck finding any. Anyone have any ideas on stores that allow you to do this? 

Re: Alcohol Question

• I did this. Binny's allows you to return unopened alcohol and wine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't, but agree Binny's is a good option. That being said, if you're looking to cut costs, have you considered a limited bar?  Beer, wine, signature drink instead of fully open?

• We would likely do a limited bar even with the option to stock our own bar. I was mostly thinking about things like bottles of wine. I love sweet wines, but know that tastes will vary across guests and I want to make sure that I have enough of a variety and quantity without being stuck with a bunch of bottles of wine we won't ever drink. That being said, the venue actually works with a particular store that allows for returns so it would be all good! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards