Chit Chat

I'm watching His Girl Friday on Netflix

while doing schoolwork.  It's only the second scene and I really like it so far!  I'm about to take a break to make some pasta w/ broccoli and white beans.  Fi is at his brother's bday dinner at his parents house, but I have too much work to go.  I baked cupcakes and sent them in lieu of my presence.  And maybe left a few at home for snacking. :)

Any exciting Sunday evening news, ladies?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: I'm watching His Girl Friday on Netflix

• @HisGirlFriday13 I'm already LOLing.  "There was never anything to brag about."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• YAY!!! YOU'RE WATCHING MY MOVIE!!!! 

I'm working on a database for my mom. Because, you know, I don't do enough databasing during the week at my real-world job. 

I have such a thing for Cary Grant. And I freaking LOVE that movie (obvs).

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Watching old episodes of "Leverage" on tv. Because Christian Kane = Yum. Did all the grocery shopping and started my laundry. I need to go out and put it in the dryer but it's raining like hell outside and I don't want to move.

Sunday night plans include eating all the leftovers in the fridge, packing lunches for the week, and finishing my wedding ceremony. 97 days to go, yo.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• sarahuflsarahufl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    Church, Chipotle and now curled up on the couch watch re-runs of Friends. So, not much new here!
  • I just got back to the hotel. It's always hard to leave DH and the kitties on Sundays :( I'm watching Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family and hoping i'll be able to fall asleep soon. I am thinking it will be an Ambien kind of night.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    We're watching Frasier. I just tried to make a peanut butter fudge recipe I found on Pinterest. Who knows if it worked? The milk and sugar boiled over so disastrously that we couldn't let it boil the full three minutes before mixing in the rest of the ingredients.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Just got home from dinner with two of my favorite ladies, at one of my favorite pizza places. It was delightful. I should really clean my apartment but I would rather spend my evening trying on outfits for engagement photos, so that's what I'm up to.

@Phira if it turns out will you share the recipe pretty please?

@Jells2dot0 that's no fun :( just curious, what do you do that has you traveling so much? Forgive me if that's too nosey...I've been curious every time you mention it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    edited March 2014
    Church, Chipotle and now curled up on the couch watch re-runs of Friends. So, not much new here!
    I love friends!!! It is my favorite show ever. Not much here. It's lazy Sunday. FI did the laundry so I'm just gonna put my stuff away. I passed out for like 2 hours on the couch. Watched "why planes crash" because I love to torture myself, and Dateline all day. I got an alert on my phone that Madmen season 6 is now on Netflix so I will either catch an episode or watch His Girl Friday. I'll start dinner at 9 while FI is watching the walking dead.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Just got home from dinner with two of my favorite ladies, at one of my favorite pizza places. It was delightful. I should really clean my apartment but I would rather spend my evening trying on outfits for engagement photos, so that's what I'm up to.

@Phira if it turns out will you share the recipe pretty please?

@Jells2dot0 that's no fun :( just curious, what do you do that has you traveling so much? Forgive me if that's too nosey...I've been curious every time you mention it.

I'm an engineer for a gov't contractor. I normally travel for only a week or two at a time, but the company is closing our local office and we lost a ton of people. So, i'm currently on a temporary duty assignment backfilling an understaffed critical position supporting DoD operations. I'm here until June and then my DH and I are being relocated together!

• Crap! I meant to watch the movie but I completely forgot. I'm sitting here watching Amazing Race. For some reason I suddenly have the urge to learn how to make paper.
  • phiraphira member
    @lalalaurita It didn't set very well, so it's not very firm, but it tastes okay!

Bring two cups of sugar and a half cup of milk to a boil. Let boil for 2.5 minutes. Then take off the burner and mix in 3/4 cup peanut butter and a tsp of vanilla.

Those were the only steps/directions given. After the mixture came to a boil, I put the lid on the sauce pan (which is what I do with other fudge recipes). The mixture boiled over after about a minute and a half, which was a HUGE mess on our electric stove. After mixing everything together, I poured the mixture into a square pan that I'd sprayed with non-stick spray.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Jells2dot0 exciting! Hope the time flies by. @Phira I might have to try that! Chocolate peanut butter anything sounds great, even if doesn't set perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jdluvr06 said:
    Crap! I meant to watch the movie but I completely forgot. I'm sitting here watching Amazing Race. For some reason I suddenly have the urge to learn how to make paper.

That's kinda random lol. I think I watched a documentary years ago about making paper.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    Crap! I meant to watch the movie but I completely forgot. I'm sitting here watching Amazing Race. For some reason I suddenly have the urge to learn how to make paper.

That's kinda random lol. I think I watched a documentary years ago about making paper.
    I "made" paper in art class in elementary school.  The process started with.... ripping up pieces of paper and soaking them in water... to eventually "make" paper out of the resulting pulp.

I'm pretty sure that's not how you do it.  It seemed so pointless to me even at that time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pinkcow13 said:
    jdluvr06 said:

I "made" paper in art class in elementary school.  The process started with.... ripping up pieces of paper and soaking them in water... to eventually "make" paper out of the resulting pulp.

I'm pretty sure that's not how you do it.  It seemed so pointless to me even at that time.

Wow... That was kind of pointless. I bet it was fun though.
  • I can't remember what PBS show it was on (maybe Reading Rainbow or Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood? Can't remember now), but they had a little thing about making "paper" by recycling denim fibers. I thought that was pretty interesting!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Love that movie! I don't think I have seen it since I was a teenager
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards