May 2013 Weddings

David's Bridal Rant

I got my dream wedding dress from them thinking that all was good. Come to find it that it wasn't, this company is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. I got the credit card to get my dress and had nothing explaind to me so on payment day, we went to one in Raleigh and got the rudest woman ever saying that they didn't take payments there and snubbed us. We walked out calling the number on the card just to have not one but two of the people hang up on us! How are we supposed to pay if no one will answer us!!!! I am seriously thinking of selling my dress and buying a thrift store one. Instead of being so happy for my day to come, I am getting pissed!!!! Just had to share!

Re: David's Bridal Rant

• Sorry to hear about your mis-treatment from DB.  I went their twice for my dress shopping..I didn't like the experience at all.  I went to a local bridal shop and LOVE her! 

I will not but anything from DB--EVER!
  • That is messed up. I dont like DB either. I didnt even waste my tim going there. I hope you can get it taken care of soon.
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Sorry to hear about it. I got mine there and had no problems- I think it just depends which one you do to. Honestly if it is your dream dress, I would keep it. You don't want to regret selling it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_davids-bridal-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:854d8187-94cb-4200-a894-58b447e78fd4Post:e940de07-dc97-48f7-b561-82589fc45042">Re: David's Bridal Rant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear about it. I got mine there and had no problems- I think it just depends which one you do to. Honestly if it is your dream dress, I would keep it. You don't want to regret selling it.
    Posted by aprahamian2[/QUOTE]
    Same here and I also agree with this.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:David's Bridal Rant:[QUOTE]Sorry to hear about it. I got mine there and had no problems I think it just depends which one you do to. Honestly if it is your dream dress, I would keep it. You don't want to regret selling it. Posted by aprahamian2[/QUOTE]

This my experience with them wasn't the greatest but I wouldn't give up on your dream dress.
  • edited September 2012
    I don't particulary care for them either. I cancelled my layaway with them because I just wasn't happy with the dress & found my dress elsewhere. A manager had to cancel the order. Instead of asking me if there was something wrong with the dress or if I found a dress somewhere else, the first question she asked me was if there was still going to be a wedding, which I thought was pretty asinine considering if that were truly the case, she would be the last person I would want to be discussing it with while canceling my wedding dress. Then she asked if I would be coming back for the bridesmaid dresses...

I know that the situation you are in sucks, but I wouldn't give up your dream dress just for that. You might regret it. Hope everything works out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to DB for my dress. My aunt and sister did most of the work putting me In and out of dresses. I knew the price of the dress before the sales person did and also the down payment before she did. But I love my dress.
  • I thought it over and I don't want to give up my dress, I love it but I will be looking for my bridal party dresses else where
  • I am sorry you had a bad experience. I also got the card to pay for my dress but so far have had no issues. They explained it all to me before I left the store.

May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just ordered my dress from DB today and my experience with the bridal consultant was wonderful!  However, the wedding party consultant we met with last week was useless.  I was getting the girls into and out of dresses and all of us were left to pull dresses off the racks to try on.  The consultant, who was actually getting paid to help us, did absolutely nothing.  But as I said, the bridal consultant was great.  I think it just depends where you go and who you end up working with in that particular store.  If you love your dress and you can't imagine walking down the aisle in anything else, keep it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards