Washington-Seattle

Wedding Help Thursday

Got questions?  Ask 'em here!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Wedding Help Thursday

• edited December 2011
    I posted this on the DIY board too but I am considering adding icicle ornaments to my manzanita branches for our centerpiece but I'm not sure if it will be weird since my wedding is in July. The crystal strands are too expensive I think though for my budget and I thought this would be a good way to add bling for not that much money since I could probably fine a bunch on clearance after xmas.

Opinions?
  • edited December 2011
    Any recommendations for a excellent cake baker in Seattle? I want a very intricate cake with fondant.........

I think icicle oraments would be rather weird. Could you do a DIY project and get crystal looking beads to string on the trees?
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry tera, our cake baker was AWESOME but in Bellingham... so not helpful :/

Ack. I'm trying to finish my Christmas shopping! Any ideas for MIL? (yea yea yea besides the wedding album) She doesn't collect anything, and makes her own scarves and things... idk what to get her :/ Maybe a living social coupon or something... but any ideas? What are you guys getting your moms/MILs? 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she makes her own scarves and things maybe some nice fabric she could use to make something from - sometimes nicer fabric is like a nice sweater you wouldn't buy for yourself.  Or maybe a nice hat or gloves to match one of the scarves she's made.
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like we'll be printing our own STDs and Invites.  Anyone know of a good printer?

For Cakes - they're in Renton but I hear Creme de le Creme is good.  aLso for intricate cakes apparently Mike's Amazing Cakes are good.  I had a friend do a shaped cake and it looked amazing.  I wasn't blown away by the cake, but I'm also not a huge cake person.

L
  • edited December 2011
    LGM- she makes her own scarves as in she knits/sews.. so mitten and hats and things are all out the window. The problem is that I don't know fabric and I worry that that's a touchy topic.. Like.. she knows what she likes and I don't so I don't want to get stuff she won't use. 
    *sigh*
    I have no clue.  lol
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, aha - I see!  What about a pair of handmade earrings and a matching necklace?  Someone who makes their own items tend to (in my experience) like handcrafted items as well - so beaded items that won't break the bank but look nice might be good. 
  • phonehomephonehome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea,
    I think you should maybe check out some second hand or antique stores for some old crystal chandalier pieces. I got some old ones from my grandparent's chandalier and will be polishing them up to use and they're beautiful and unique. You could probably easily find plenty of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards