Wedding 911

Wedding Fairs

This may seem like a silly question, but I am going to go ahead and ask anyway:

I am a bridesmaid for a really good friend of mine. She has invited all of her wedding party, including both Mom's and flower girl, to a wedding fair this coming weekend. She's paid for everyone's ticket to get in, but mine. Is this something the bride generally pays for or is it normal for everyone to buy their tickets individually for things such as wedding fairs, etc? Thanks!

Re: Wedding Fairs

• I did not go to any bridal shows, as a bride or BM. If I did I would expect to pay my own way. But I would also feel comfortable declining the invitation. I don't really see the need for BM to attend bridal shows/ wedding fairs. Unless you want to go and check out all the vendors I would just politely decline her invitation.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• KittyKaty20KittyKaty20 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

I invited my BM to all of the fairs I went to, but I was upfront about any cost. They only came to the first one I went to, which ended up being free since I pre-registered and got 4 tickets online gratis. I went to two other shows that were free for all, and only my mother joined me. The last/biggest one I went to gave us 2 free tickets; again, only my mother went with me. HOWEVER...

The plan was to split the cost evenly between all those attending, including the free tickets. (So a $10 show with 2 free tickets & four people would have meant we each paid $5.) I would NEVER have paid for only a few people out of the total invited-either all, or none.

I would decline the invitation and re-think being in her wedding party, honestly. She doesn't sound like a very good friend if she leaves you out. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to two bridal shows before.  One was free if you sign up ahead of time (which I did) and the other cost $5 per person, I believe, and my FMIL paid for it before I could.  Anyways, you are under no obligation to attend.  If you would find something like this fun to go to, then go ahead and pay your own way, I guess.  
  • That's kind of rude of her not to pay your way but to pay everyone else's. i would skip it; those things pretty much suck anyway.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • kee7kee7 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I paid the way for my bridesmaids at the bridal shows. I can't imagine expecting them to pay for it.
  • Wait, she paid for the other bridesmaids but not you? That's not right. 

IMO, bridal shows are a little over the top, and unless you are really interested in what venders she picks I would decline anyway. The only time I really saw bridesmaids at a bridal show was if the bride would have otherwise been alone and just wanted some company, if she already has both moms there she won't really need you and you will probably better enjoy the day somewhere else.
  • If she paid for all the others and not yours, that's really weird.
    I wouldn't go.
    We went to one and it was where we found our photographer. But the whole experience was extremely overwhelming and insane. I felt like we had been through the gauntlet afterwards! Everyone was talking to us, grabbing at us, trying to get us to sign up for all kinds of stuff, and it was SOOOOOO loud in there it was like we were surrounded by yelling people.
    Not something I would choose to go to ever again.
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2014
    could it be a mis understanding about what happened? did she forget to pay for yours, or intentionally did not pay for it. i would say hey i have to decline as i dont have the extra funds to go
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards