Wedding Woes

Yawn, stretch, how was the weekend?

Did everyone have a good one? 

Saturday was miserable weather wise.  It was rain and sleet and snow.  Inside was pretty good though.  I was actually able to party prep while DH made cinnamon rolls and we all ate around the island with party stuff all around us.  It was awesome.

Sunday was M2's party.  She slept through the first part, but overall it was a blast.  The weather was still chilly but we did get to spend some time outside.  I need to stop away from pinterest though.  I did this for her ladybug theme:

Re: Yawn, stretch, how was the weekend?

• Totally uneventful. We just watched Scrubs and played video games.

• @6fsn - go to your kitchen post and discuss how home improvements are such a pita in the middle of wedding planning.

Our weekend was great.  We had trivia night for Son's baseball on Friday.  The item I made for the door prize was put with 2 team shirts and a water bottle for the silent auction.  The damn thing sold for $80.  EIGHTY.  We couldn't believe it.  It cost me less than $10 to make.

DH's parents unexpectedly came back to town for the weekend and we found ourselves kidless for saturday night.  We rented a movie on Amazon Instant and hated it.
  • Saturday DH and I made an Ikea trip, which then involved coming home and assembling the stuff (bookshelves and deck furniture) that we'd bought. The upside is that now the only boxes of books in our spare room/library are the ones we plan to donate to the library.

In the midst of doing that, I found a wedding present I'd forgotten we still had (a 21-inch-in-diameter bowl from Crate and Barrel that one of his relatives bought us and didn't give us a gift receipt for and the nearest C&B is 2.5 hours away, so we can't really return it so we plan to regift it.)

Sunday I cleaned, organised, and stayed inside because the weather in Central PA was disgusting. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    still going on, I took today and tomorrow off.

I love ladybug fruitplate.
    As soon as Buffy finishes her Eng. Muffin, we're going for an oil change and to the library I think.  She's excited about the oil change b ecause they always give her a sucker.
  • Went home early on Friday due to not feeling well. DH had demanded a "honey do" list, as I'm working full time and he does not have class on Fridays. I wanted to deep clean the house this weekend, and his list was about 20 items long. At least he got the laundry started for me...and he did do a beautiful job reorganizing our knick knack bookcase- got rid of a bunch of random crap and put up lots of pictures, including some wedding shots.

Spent Saturday morning cleaning, Saturday afternoon running errands, and Saturday evening at a birthday dinner for a friend. It was us, her folks, her, and her roommate/quasi boyfriend. Her folks paid, so writing a thank you note to them.

By Sunday morning, I had the main organizing of the kitchen, dining area, and living room done, and laundry complete. Bathroom cabinet downstairs was done too. DH gets up late, wants lunch before we do more cleaning.

After we get back, he decides we should tackle the office next. The office, which is 90% his crap everywhere, 10% my desk/wedding planning stuff/adverts that I'm throwing out anyway. I love him, but when he's tired (like yesterday), he doesn't think when he starts cleaning, he just attacks it. Such as attacking the bins under a table that can wait until the piles of random crap sitting out are done. I got my desk all clean and pretty and organized. Go to the bathroom before I can pledge it- come back, and DH has piles of his stuff all over my newly organized desk. Grrr.

I finally realized he had to sort through his stuff at his pace, and went off to clean the cabinets in the other bathroom, and hand wash all my new china (wedding gifts) and place it in the protective storage bags I bought (since we don't have room in the cupboards of our tiny kitchen).

Office still needs some work. Plan this week is to do a little every night in there. Final projects include organizing hall bathroom cabinet, linen closet, closets in our room, cat room, and office, then dust everything and vaccuum/scrub floors. I'm opening the windows every day with the beautiful weather, and the cats love it.

Reading back over this, I think I need a glass of wine.

• Love that ladybug fruit plate!

DD went to a friend's birthday at a bouncie house place that does private parties. It was good, but kinda weird that it got handled like going to the hospital to have a baby...OB triage, Labor and Delivery, Post Partum. Stayed in one area for about 45 minutes, get shuffled to the next, then shuffled to the next....DD had fun, but no nap.

Sunday, other than the usual morning fare, we cleaned house like mad mofos! we actually got everything cleaned that needed to. And that lack of nap on Saturday? Yep, DD passed out in her car seat at 5:30 and kept sleeping until about 6:15. Unheard of for that kid.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Love that ladybug fruit plate! DD went to a friend's birthday at a bouncie house place that does private parties. It was good, but kinda weird that it got handled like going to the hospital to have a baby...OB triage, Labor and Delivery, Post Partum. Stayed in one area for about 45 minutes, get shuffled to the next, then shuffled to the next....DD had fun, but no nap. Sunday, other than the usual morning fare, we cleaned house like mad mofos! we actually got everything cleaned that needed to. And that lack of nap on Saturday? Yep, DD passed out in her car seat at 5:30 and kept sleeping until about 6:15. Unheard of for that kid.
    LOL!  We went to one of those parties and I actually appreciated the organization.  It's MUCH better than the utter chaos bday parties at Chuck E Cheese that put me into a panic attack tailspin.  :)
  • 6, I want some fruit now.

It was a good weekend. The weather was so beautiful, this couch potato was on the move.

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    6-That fruit plate looks tasty.  :)

Weekend was kind of busy, all on Saturday.  Breakfast, taking care of stray cat-grocery run, visit with H's gma, run outside, out to bbq at uncle's house.

Sunday was much more relaxed, sleeping until 10:30, breakfast and bike ride.  Dinner at my parent's house. 

It was equal parts fun and crazy.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have to say the fruit normally goes untouched, but there wasn't even a stray blueberry left. I also did a mac and cheese bar.  I only froze a few portions of that too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards