October 2014 Weddings

save the dates/wedding website

are you sending out an email with your wedding website and save the date?? iI think iI am soon. but theres a few guests iI do not have emails for....thinking that if iI send those ones actual save the dates the other people may get mad. oh decisions.

Re: save the dates/wedding website

• I just sent a save the date to everyone I am inviting and included a link to my wedding website on it. It really wasn't that expensive to get the save the dates for all the people invited. I sent out around 60 save the dates total and spent around $125 for all the save the dates and envelopes ( I could have gotten it cheaper if I had remembered to put in the dang market code at the end ). I had to spend a little to buy stamps think I spent around $70 in stamps, but I got way to many, I'll have extra for my invites now. I think if you are going to send save the dates at all it should go to everyone, even if you do send out an email.  

Good luck!
  • I sent STDates to VIP's and out of towners. I have booked the hotel block and set up a minimal wedding website. 
    Anniversary
  • My wedding is small - I had Save The Date magnets printed and I'm hand delivering them.  Honestly, I think an email is a nice reminder, but I wouldn't count it as my STDate as it might get caught in a spam filter.

I currently do not have a wedding website (I think my venue provides me with one, I just have to go through what my venue-planner has sent me).  Since my wedding is a destination, I did a newsletter with a tentative itinerary so they know when they need to arrive and what events we have scheduled (since it's not 100% traditional).

Anniversary
  • I'm not doing a website (very intimate wedding, seems kind of pointless to have a site).

I am hand-mailing STDs (since it's such an intimate wedding, I've already spoken to all of the guests about the date, but I think it'll be a nice touch).

I think that sending something physically, versus an email, is a better option, and is more formal.
  • I would send save the dates to everyone. It's fun to get stuff like that in the mail. 

One way I saved was to send them as a post card. This cuts out the cost of envelopes and a more expensive stamp.

We included our wedding website small at the bottom.
  • Only send STD's to people that you will absolutely, 100% no matter what send an invitation to.  Because once you send them an STD, you must invite them to the wedding with a formal invitation.

Many brides pop onto the E board with issues relating to sending STDs out to their entire proposed guest list, and then something comes up and they can't or don't want to invite everyone anymore.

I also agree that you should send people a physical STD through the mail, and not just an email.

We just sent out our STDs this week and on the back is a link to our wedding website and the password.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards